Sometimes I REALLY love Sweden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
As I posted elsewhere - a .357 Mag revolver gives you piece of mind!

For bear? Apart from the local laws -- walking around with that could get me arrested quite quickly unless I had a good reason -- that is not what I would pick (I would prefer a pump action shotgun with slugs for that job). Also the risk is remote, almost all bears here will do their best to avoid people. I'd guess that a larger percentage of people than bears would attack me with no provocation. If I was really worried about them I'd start using a 180 cm oak bo -- a quarterstaff -- as a hiking pole: a proper spear would probably be illegal.

Now, gutting a moose in a dense woods knowing that the smell will attract a large scavenger -- i.e. bear -- was a wee bit concerning. Fortunately me singing -- mostly old Tom Lehrer songs, IIRC -- can repel any known creature so I had a surefire way to keep them away. :-D

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Well, that was the only gun i had. But it is fully sufficient, with a well chosen bullet of course.
I am morbidly afraid of bears!
The legal aspect did not worry me so much, as there were not that many police officers hiking.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE