Sometimes I REALLY love Sweden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Out near home, that is about 15-20 min drive from central Östersund. Birds, not really any mosquitos yet, a quiet lake, pigeons and a cuckoo, sun on the water. Almost perfect hammock site. I am a happy man.

And a full moon tonight.

I'll upload some pictures when I get home...

forestwalker

The loons -- I am on a narrow tongue between two lakes -- the bronzed frog an common toads kept me company, at times quite vocally so. Some mallards, geese and a svan in the morning, together with some mixed songbirds. A great spotted woodpecker yesterday, and what may have been a black woodpecker (a bit uncertain. I only heard it briefly).

Sunrise over the lake at 0340, so no dawn pictures: I was a lazy layabout this morning. But I saw I from the hammock :D

forestwalker

20160522103026-cc6f3bd8-me.jpg

20160522102940-209bd5ff-me.jpg

20160522102942-951ae5d3-me.jpg

20160522103038-e1515724-me.jpg

20160522103036-2eb6154f-me.jpg

20160522103029-0c48522e-me.jpg

forestwalker

Pär, Jamtland is the area where it all started for me more than 45 years ago!

This was around Svartsjöarna, just outside Östersund. Looks like low fjäll (mountains), but more convenient for a quick one night "no walls around me or I go nuts" outing.

Enjoy it before the mozzies and gnats!!

They don't actually don't bother me much.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Cool! I spend several trips learning with dad in the area above the Duved / Kråkom.
Hr started me in the forested area, then he progressed up into the mountains.

Mozzies do not bother me, I got immunised during my 3 years at K4 in Arvidsjaur. The gnats I feel.
Weirdly enough our local mozzie species do not bother me either. Same toxin I guess!

How is the trout fishing there these days? It declined a lot in mid 70's

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
Thanks!

Noticed your signature -- "Always hike in bear country with someone you can out run" - Unknown. -- and could add that I saw some bear feces as well.

Haha, good thing you only saw the feces instead of waking up to discover that the bear made a fire under your hammock, preparing for barbecued human with hammock seasoning :hammock:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE