something a little different

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i was commissioned by a members bb to make him a leather gift for his anniversary, we bounced some ideas about and settled on this.
this was made with premium 4 mill veg tan, and saddle stitched with needle and awl with tiger thread.
he wanted me to incorporate some jigsaw pieces in this, now any body who has cut 4 mill veg tan, will no how hard it is with not so tight curves, this was most the challenging thing i have cut of leather to date, as one wrong slip, and i would have gone into the rest of the piece, also being jigsaw pieces i wanted this to fit like a jigsaw, what i have done is popped a eyelet in each piece, so that they can carry each piece of the puzzle at all times on there keys.
hope you like it.

IMG_4866 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4865 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4868 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4871 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4872 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4874 by lucky_lee, on
IMG_4879 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
i was then asked to make a leather sheath for a serrata
he wanted this in a nice dark brown, and to have white stitching.

IMG_4854 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_4857 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_4859 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
IMG_4862 by lucky_lee, on Flickr
all comments are welcome.
thanks for looking.
take care.
lee.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Blimey, Lee, I've cut all manner of stencils in thick card and can't begin to imagine how painstaking and wrist trembling it must have been cutting those fine corners in leather! MUCH respect, lovey, I bet the kids vocabulary has grown some if they were in earshot ;)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
What a class job bud puts my efforts to shame

Hey Trev, last I heard God is a big fan of Lee's work as well.

Really nice piece of work that Lee, the sheath is amazing! Not too sure about the puzzle thing though, gonna have to look at that bit longer to really appreciate it, no disrespect to your talents of course.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Hey Trev, last I heard God is a big fan of Lee's work as well.

Really nice piece of work that Lee, the sheath is amazing! Not too sure about the puzzle thing though, gonna have to look at that bit longer to really appreciate it, no disrespect to your talents of course.
thanks for the kind words guys, this is what he wanted mate, and you no the customer is always right, just made it the best i could.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE