somethin bushcrafty in your job??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Y

yugudva

well few of u are happy enough..to work in bushcraft zone.....

i was a university student of ecology but after 1 year i left the studies....and then was 2 years working several jobs in ireland... well not really countrysight...was a Dublin....
these days i left the dublin and i started working outdoor-in a ski resort which is in karpatian mountains and distance from my -well parents house is 20 minutes walking...and im in the wilderness,,,,
a little better than dublin but smaller money...enyway not priority for me.....

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I feel very lucky. I live in a great part of the country in NE Scotland in the Cairngorms National Park. Lots of opportunities for bushcraft literally outside my door. I lead a team of Countryside Rangers so I'm involved in the outdoors a lot of the time.:D

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
Gosh, I feel very humble in such illustrious company. Seriously.

For my sins I have a desk job in the drugs industry. Luckily, the place where I work is based in the Cambridgeshire countryside so I can escape at lunchtimes, but mostly I'm a weekend bushcrafter.

I recently completed a year as a full-time volunteer warden on a nature reserve in the UK which wasn't quite as bushcrafty as you might think but a fantastic experience all the same.

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
i occasionaly have sessions which teaches kids how to build natural shelters. i instruct outdoor activities for pgl

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Mike,

I don't know if "RTFMS" as an acronym was used over there...its one of my favouties ;)

Red

Hey, everybody just instinctively knows that you only Read the Manual as a last resort after it's far too late to fix it! Many wouldn't even read the "cheat sheets" I wrote for them listing the exact step-by-step keystrokes to do what they needed! And those that actually did read the "cheat sheets", would follow them without any possible deviation - as if their very lifes depended upon it!

I do still miss parts of that past life - some of the people, that sense of accomplishment when you could make it all do what they needed (quite often different from what they asked for or wanted), the ... humerous ... moments (yes I DID SEE someone plug their powerstrip into itself!), and a little of the money part (but it was only twice minimum wage in this area). But I don't miss all those people who viewed and treated me as less than a "necessary evil". We often joked/wished that we could move up to being a Serf - in the true medieval sense!

But that was a past life. Now I'm usually broke, living a frugal lifestyle by necessity, in a ramshackle old farm house out in the hills. But I only work a fraction of the time I used to, deal with contented people who seek out my work and truly appreciate it, and am in a whole lot better state of mind. Life/work is now worth living - instead of just surviving!

So what would be called Bushcraft now blends/blurs into my normal everyday life. Friends, family, and work I like doing is now far more important than chasing money - money which all those bankers and bill collectors had prior claim to! I have little, but I require little - except that which nurtures my soul.

Such is my current path through this life. And the journey is very ... interesting.

Mikey - that sometimes grumpy German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I gave up a good job in engineering to deliborately get a job that didnt feel like one, and no more shifts. Ended up being an estate worker, gardener,landscaper and tree surgeon, for a few years and now I inspect them, lots of fungi and timber for bushcraft projects.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
completely non-bushcrafty. To be honest though, I don't mind that. I love my job, and it does mean I get to do as much or as little in the outdoors as I like. I am perhaps more of a good weather bushcrafter; in bad weather I prefer a nice cosy tent so I'll often as not find a mountain or something instead. Equally often I'll be huddled in my sleeping bag wondering what on god's earth made me decide that camping on a windy mountain would be a good idea...
the answer still escapes me. :) The outdoors is addictive!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE