Somerset Bushcraft WKND Meet 26-28 March

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'd be up for this if your ready to let in the Unclean and Unkempt , I'm your man!!

Jay (Surfer)
Jon(ajuna)
James(mayobushcraft)
Tim (mace242)
Ben (Bazzworx) + Yvette
TeeDee

Meat + Drinks + Fireside chat
What more could a man want?

Last edited:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
really? whats wood like at conducting electricity?

well the copper beech is fantastic .................................

as for unclean and unkempt TeeDee... that was a brief topic of convo in the pub... tis part of the reason the male of the species likes playing out in the woods, an "excuse" to forget about social hygiene norms :p

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Unless there is some change of plan, I am teaching 26th and 27th.

Been trying to figure out some cunning plan, but the reality is that I won't be able to make it.:vio:

Graham

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
You all know my situation on this one...........

Jay (Surfer)
Jon(ajuna)
James(mayobushcraft)
Tim (mace242)
Ben (Bazzworx) + Yvette
TeeDee
Paul (Bushwhacker) pencilled in

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
really? whats wood like at conducting electricity?
Until it dries out any wood that grows in damp conditions, stuff like willow.. would be best. Why do you want to know? :confused:

Jay (Surfer)
Jon(ajuna)
James(mayobushcraft)
Tim (mace242)
Ben (Bazzworx) + Yvette
TeeDee
Paul (Bushwhacker) pencilled in
James (FreddyFish) is in Da' house.. or Da' woods.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
i wont be eating that much, wastes valuable drinking space ;)

i thought about whittling up a headtorch during the day so i could do the spoon at night :p

James....

Jon is going to whittle a head torch.... Which i can't wait to see! haha

TeeDee it'll be nice to see you and have you there.

Graham we are gonna have to arrange something else for when you are free...

Last edited:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
i wont be eating that much, wastes valuable drinking space ;)

you said you would whittle me up a headtorch during the day so i could do the spoon at night :p

James....

Jon is going to whittle a head torch.... Which i can't wait to see! haha

eh eh? dont you go bottling out of your promise to hand carve me a petzl tikka now that you are wondering about the conductive nature of our indigenous hardwoods

:p

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
looks like we have "guests" attending that have found the moot from my facebook

i can message them if liked to say "bogey off", or indeed to say "come on in"

1 guy i worked with many moons ago, haven't seen in a 10 years but was always cool, the other i know briefly from summer festiveness... although that makes me no judge of character as hardly in a fit state during those hazy days :p

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
like i said its fine up to 20 ppl.
They will obviously have to be made aware of the requirements....
1 bring own food, shelter, wood (for own cooking and communal fire), water and be able to have a good time without upsetting or offending others.

Bushcraft is a community first priority is to respect each other and get on with each other. Second is to intrroduce others.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
thats fine with me so long as they know what it's all about and are interested.

like i said its fine up to 20 ppl.
They will obviously have to be made aware of the requirements....
1 bring own food, shelter, wood (for own cooking and communal fire), water and be able to have a good time without upsetting or offending others.

Bushcraft is a community first priority is to respect each other and get on with each other. Second is to intrroduce others.

okies, then i shall drop them a line and see if they are actually intending to come or if they just did the facebook thing and clicked on a random link! :)

but hell... we are all doomed if there is a rule of not offending others......... do i need to remind Paul's contraception techniques? LOL

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
was anyone offended on friday? I hope not lol
by the end of it i wou.ld of thought the only one who could possibly be offended was Mrs Bazz and she was pissong herself like the rest of us!

I think us bushcrafters are not easi.y offended but at the same time i want everyone to enjoy themselves and feel welcomed! Although after all this it'll prob be me tht upsets sum1 or multiple people lol

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Uh oh, I didn't say what I think I might have said did I?

if it involves
54151593.04_Bluetit.jpg
yes, i think you did :)

LOL

i dont think any offence was taken really, a young lady went pink but that was about all ;)

e2a as i just say Jays post above

no, i dont think anyone was offended, as i say, blushing but not offended :)

offence is normally only caused by those with bad intention, or to those that are over-sensitive. I dont think any of us are of either nature :)

the third type of offence is an error of judgement which is easily remedied with a heartfelt apology. certainly no behaviours were in need of apology in my view :)

Last edited:

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
indeed, but unless youve got on 1 knee since friday, shouldnt it be "Miss Bazz"? :p

and if you have got on one knee.... whens the engagement party? could do with a decent lash! :)

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Sorry typo.. It was jay's fault for putting mrs in his post. I'm sure we can find a good reason for a drink though :) saying that who needs a reason ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE