Some Random Photos From Recent Outings This Spring

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
These are just some random shots I've taken while I have been out and about working, I love my job. There really weren't any physical skills being practiced in these shots, mostly just observations. So... I'll go ahead and get the shots of the usual gear I had with me out of the way.

My fixed blades vary...but the rest of the kit in this pic is almost always on me when I am out and traveling light. The BK-11 is almost always in my camera pack.

DSC_0465.jpg

The ESEE Izula often gets thrown in a pocket when I am carrying my other pack.

Izula-B.jpg

and the TOPS DART is the larger fixed blade I have been carrying lately, especially in thicker areas of growth.

DSC_0687.jpg

I live in a temperate rain forest, so it is often rainy and foggy here. I love to go hiking in the mists, it makes for some pretty cool views.

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5574-1.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

DSC_1193.jpg

DSC_1216.jpg

DSC_1259.jpg

DSC_1249.jpg

DSC_1283.jpg

DSC_1265.jpg

DSC_1187.jpg

DSC_1186.jpg

We have a lot of Turkey Vultures here too.

DSC_0955.jpg

DSC_0968.jpg

DSC_0975.jpg

DSC_0977.jpg

A lot of groundhogs too, this little guy didn't seem to mind getting his picture taken.

DSC_1305.jpg

DSC_1314.jpg

DSC_1331.jpg

The sun does occasionally come out, and the sky is sometimes blue. Some shots from along a creek after days of rain.

DSC_0914.jpg

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0847.jpg

DSC_0927.jpg

Old seedpods and new growth on empress trees, sometimes called foxglove trees.

DSC_0769.jpg

DSC_0916.jpg

DSC_0892.jpg

Lots of bugs here...

DSC_0857.jpg

DSC_0886.jpg

DSC_0911.jpg

DSC_0912.jpg

DSC_0939.jpg

and lots of birds. I'd say from the cacophany of sound in my back yard every morning now nearly all of the birds have returned.

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

DSC_0420cropped.jpg

DSC_0951.jpg

DSC_0954.jpg

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Cool pictures Mistwalker, i like the Groundhog and Creek pictures, so much wildlife around you. Thanks for sharing.

Darren

P.S Nice blades :cool:

Nope, it´s a downy woodpecker but still a lovely bird, just like the other species in the pic´s

Cheers,

Tom

Ah thanks for that. I just knew it was the smaller of the two woodpeckers I've noted here. The other being the pileated woodpecker. I'm definitely a bird watcher...just not all that dedicated to species just yet...that may come later...

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the photos. Yes some of these were taken with a Nikon D3000 18-55mm , & 55-200mm lenses) and some were taken with a little Canon A590is

Brian

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Brilliant pictures there

One of my favourite insects there - the bee fly. Incredible to watch them hovering and acting just like tiny humming birds.

I have often seen them sunning themselves on rocks like that - stunning little things

Here is a English one in return

Bee Fly by British Red, on Flickr

Red

Good to see your walks again

How does that Victorinox fare in your opinion?

Do you carry it for the blade or the other bits like the saw?

Thanks Ash, yeah...I've been pretty busy lately. A lot of different projects going on.

I'm pretty sure they're the same company now but actually that one is a Wenger Ranger. It serves me as well as the Vic does, only it is a bit larger and the lock is less fiddly for me. Once I realized the lock on the Vic worked better for a lefty and this one worked better for a righty I left the Vic with my partner. He has always wanted a lock blade geared for a lefty.

You are spot on there, I carry it for the saw...but it's good that the other bits are there too. For the life of me I do not understand why the tooth pick and tweezers are left off of the Soldier knives but on the One-Hand Trekker which is the same knife but with shiny handle scales.

Brilliant pictures there

One of my favourite insects there - the bee fly. Incredible to watch them hovering and acting just like tiny humming birds.

I have often seen them sunning themselves on rocks like that - stunning little things

Here is a English one in return

Bee Fly by British Red, on Flickr

Red

Thanks Red, glad you enjoyed them. Bee fly eh? Thanks I'll have to remember that. I have only seen a few of them here and mostly in that same area. They are fun to watch, interesting little creatures. That particular one had a fascination with my face for a bit which gave me the chance to get a good look at it. Great photo, glad I'm not the only one who can't resist snapping shots of random insects and animals for desk tops and later studies.

Thanks all, I'm really glad you enjoyed the photos. Those of you who are not familiar will later come to know I am a bit of a camera addict :)

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE