some of my fav tarp setups...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
C3nr_pIIvQCKy7fWcWAcfZQAGoJJ8y6tuZtw8EcdIMY=w573-h323-no

Snapshot+2+%25284-15-2014+11-14+PM%2529.png

IMG_5554.JPG

all done with an 8x8 oilskin taro under 4 pounds.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Nice tarp and set- up Jamie. Is that one o them fancy long hunter coats ? Cheers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Goody gum drops 😉 not cheap I imagine ? But should last a couple of lifetimes , I'm sure .

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Do they get 'clammy' when they are damp, like our traditional wax cotton jackets do ?

Hypnagog

Nov 12, 2012
Essex
hotchpotchblog.wordpress.com
That's a very cool set up Hypnagog. Not that easy to set up, but great use of the tarp to create good protection from the elements while maximizing the area under the tarp.

Shewie posted a link to a video in this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113632 that goes through the setup up and some variations.

It took a couple of practices in the garden to get used to it, but I really like the set up. Even with the doors open there is quite a bit of condensation, so I think that I'll try without the large IPK groundsheet next time to see if that helps at all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE