Some new Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
I thought I would invest in some new kit. Bone netting needle and gauge.

boneneedle30.jpg

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
Thanks for the comments folks.
Torjus I do prefer the longer needle when netting as there is less tying in. This bone needle and gauge will be part of a mini kit set which will include a few more items, flint tools, sewing set, etc. I found this prize (below) at the wilderness gathering and I have started another net shuttle, this one will be longer and curved. Bone makes fantastic needles, they slide through the net with ease. Having experimented with a wooden needle which I steam bent I believe the curved shuttle is the better option.

Now, where did I put the soup pot! :)

bbone.jpg

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
How much of a curve will you use? or is it user preference?
Ive made & used wood shuttles but Id like to try making the bone ones.

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
:lmao:

It would appear that a bushcraft version is also available link here
gandalf22-237x226.jpg

As you can see rain easily dispersed, could be used as a megaphone or a Lavvu for pixies :D

Phil.

good init :)

chris

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sally's work is excellent and her hats are really cool :D
If you have a look at her website she also sells *real* soap made from olive oil and tallow; I bought it for Living History and was astonished at how good it is.

Cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yes :) though I haven't been on for a bit. There are some truly excellent crafts folk among the re-enactors.
Cheers,
Toddy

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
Toddy said:
Yes :) though I haven't been on for a bit. There are some truly excellent crafts folk among the re-enactors.
Cheers,
Toddy

I find that the same people seem to frequent the same forum’s and you find interesting things on those forums. (the best books tell you what you already know!).
Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE