Sold Some clothing and a canoe...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
As part of the ongoing clear-out of 'stuff', I have finally realised that, woolly jumpers excepted, I don't really get on with 'over-the-head' gear. So, here are some garments that will, I hope, appeal to some out there!

I'm afraid that I am not interested in trading - I am, after all, trying to clear out some things!

The prices are all reasonably negotiable, though, as they stand, they offer pretty exceptional value. They also include postage to mainland U.K. addresses.

As a sizing guideline, I am 6'1" and usually go for a 42"-44" chest size; obviously, there's room under the shells for additional layers.

1. Swazi AEGIS Cagoule SOLD

2. Sasta Peski Ventile Anorak SOLD

3. Rough Stuff Haudegen Loden Anorak SOLD

4. Keela Munro Waterproof Jacket SOLD

And then, there is a canoe. I know that I will be better off advertising it on the Song of the Paddle website but I thought I'd offer it here, first.
It is a Wenonah Jensen 18 in ultralight Kevlar. I bought it in 2010 to take part in the Devizes to Westminster canoe marathon, something I then repeated in 2012. So, it has done two DWRs but actually next to nothing else: a couple of short, leisurely outings on the Thames and that's about it.
It is fantastically light and tracks beautifully, really gliding through the water with extraordinary ease.
It has had some reinforcement put on the bow and stern curves by the good folk at Marsport in Reading and it has been looked after in the intervening years.
To buy one new would set you back in the region of £3,000; price: £1,400. SOLD
Obviously, postage is impossible but I am prepared to transport it a reasonable distance or discuss a viable meeting point.
View attachment 54850
View attachment 54851 View attachment 54852
View attachment 54853

If any of these things are of interest, please p.m. me. I'm afraid that I don't 'do' PayPal, so a transfer, cheque or cash is preferred. As I said earlier, the prices are negotiable within reason but silly offers will, I'm afraid, be disregarded.

There are further pictures of the canoe, if anyone is interested; p.m. me your email address and I can send some more along.

Many thanks for looking.
Richard

Last edited:
Reactions: tomtom and CLEM

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Is the Santa jacket single or double ventile?

The Sasta is single Ventile and, just to be picky(!), it's an anorak, rather than a jacket. It's because of the 'over-the-head' set-up that I'm selling it: I just prefer the flexibility of a full-zip garment when it comes to shells!

Reactions: SCOMAN

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Some cracking good kit there and that canoe

Thank you. I always try and buy the best that I can; it may, occasionally, cost more but, by and large, it works better and lasts longer. My 'mistake' here was trying to get on with the over-the-head stuff!

Reactions: CLEM

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Thank you. I always try and buy the best that I can; it may, occasionally, cost more but, by and large, it works better and lasts longer. My 'mistake' here was trying to get on with the over-the-head stuff!
Had I the funds that canoe

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Before it drops off into the oblivion of page 2, there are a couple of little price drops, just in case anyone's interested...

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Any takers for the Sasta Peski (a superb, lightweight Ventile anorak) or the Keela Munro (a well-made, U.K. waterproof)? I know we're into holiday time and Brexit looms ever closer but both of these are great bargains!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm sorry to say that it has gone. I was asked to hold it for someone until they got paid and the transaction has now gone through. I'm sorry to disappoint you.
Great catch for whoever got it; thanks for letting me know.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE