Solstice morning walk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fluxus

Forager
Jan 23, 2004
heaven
And a happy winter solstice to one and all.
Beautiful morning here - no fog to be seen just the hardest frost of the year.
Lots of beautiful tracks and light through the trees.
I took some pics like this one:
47051947dced52537d78a9bcfad6859cd98122271d55605c74cd2c2b7fd6c434ddae9428.jpg

you can see the rest in a public album here

Have a good day - longer days from now on in!
Flux

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bright Solstice to you too :D
It's lovely here as well, nippy but dry and bright, and for some reason full of birdsong :cool:

Nice photies!

Cheers,
Toddy

Bushpig

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2005
www.spiritgarden.co.uk
Ya solstice is tomorrow as far as I am aware. These things have official dates and astronomical dates I believe so there can be descrepancies. Ancient folk used to count there days from sundown also ( i think ? ). I plan on waking 2moz and heading for dartmoor for sunrise :)

BBoooooooshpig

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There are generally three days when the moon can be considered *full* though astronomically it's truly only for a very brief window. Similarly this is Solstice. In our overcast skies :dunno:
Funnily enough I've been getting well wished for it for the past two days and the last celebration I'm going to is tomorrow night......whatever :cool: ........hope it's fun folks :D

Cheers,
Toddy

Thrym

Forager
Dec 20, 2006
Bristol, England
Winter solstice is today i think. It was the 21st last year i went out on my bike for a ride some really thick fog rather nippy aswel. have a good yule everyone time to think about the year to come over the next 11 nights *and drink lots :)
Josh

Fluxus

Forager
Jan 23, 2004
heaven
well its a pea souper this morning so I'm glad I had a good one yesterday. No red face here ( and I'm not a hippy either!).

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeah, dawn was a dull grey pink here :rolleyes: Took forever to lighten up so I lit some candles to sort of encourage it along :D
I burnt off some of the bog myrtle cones that I'd used for tincture and they smelled wonderful. Definitely something to be mixed with waxed cones/ faggots for a small fire.

I like the seasonal round, I like being *aware* of it. Now I know the dark of the year is going to lift and the days will get longer ( and colder for a bit) there's a fresh energy to things; I might actually wake up and do something :eek: Like a lot of folks at this time of year I don't get depressed, but I do sort of hibernate :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Toddy

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Toddy said:
I like the seasonal round, I like being *aware* of it. Now I know the dark of the year is going to lift and the days will get longer ( and colder for a bit) there's a fresh energy to things; I might actually wake up and do something :eek: Like a lot of folks at this time of year I don't get depressed, but I do sort of hibernate :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean there... Although for myself, I always seem to feel Imbolc more of a turning point than the winter solstice.

Still, whatever day you reckon the solstice really is, we've definitely had it now! ;)

Cool yule to all! :)

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
gregorach said:
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean there... Although for myself, I always seem to feel Imbolc more of a turning point than the winter solstice.

Still, whatever day you reckon the solstice really is, we've definitely had it now! ;)

Cool yule to all! :)

Gets my vote - do have my New year on Samhain.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE