[SOLD] - Survival striker Padauk firestarters from the PNW

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hemlock-

Jan 30, 2014
Vancouver, Washington USA
Hi guys! I've been contacted many times over on BCUSA asking about shipping to the UK, and if there's European sellers. Well I decided just to go ahead and sign up here and ship them myself. I'll try to cut the costs of my products as low as possible to help offset shipping. Many of you have probably seen my products, and know their absolute stellar reviews. We get NO bad reviews! The product really is that good!

These are made from the absolute highest quality materials. We use European hard style ferro rods, American magnesium, American hardened steel scrapers, and African Padauk wood. Even the Epoxy is American made. We don't use ANY sub-par Chinese materials. A fact we take a lot of pride in.

Our tools are designed and made here in the Pacific North West. They were made for our wet remote temperate rain forests. There's no gimmicks or false advertising. Just robust tools meant to work in harsh environments for many years.

I'll be selling amongst other things, this combo kit. The combo is a sm/med/lrg. I will also include a free keychain for you guys! The key-chain is a handy model to every day carry!

SOLD

Message me with your Email, and I will invoice you!

*Only high quality US or European metals used.

*Hard LMF style European made ferrocerium.

*Pure soft high quality magnesium burns wet

*Handled models feature exotic hardwood African Padauk. Handles are large for cold or arthritic hands, and scrape easy for dry tinder.

*Hardened Steel scraper that can be resharpened

Key chain 1/8" flint 1/4" mag
.4 oz with striker and chain

Small Has a 3/8" Mag, and 3/16" Ferro
1.5 oz

Medium 1/4" ferro, 1/2" Magnesium
1.8 oz

LARGE/"THE BEAST" Has a 5/8" Mag and 3/8" Ferro
3.2 Oz

That's Mnt. St Helens in the background. These starters are made in her shadow.

wzMjFmU.jpg

zZEs7fs.jpg

QTwsdVN.jpg

Hard African padauk wears like iron so you'll always have dry tinder.

2rhBFs6.jpg

Soft 99.9% pure magnesium comes off in flakes and curls, not cheap zinc mixed china junk.

vcKMs8F.jpg

Hard ferro allows you to focus the heat where you want it!

4TasSgE.jpg

Link to my vendor forum on BCUSA: http://bushcraftusa.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/261-Hemlock-s-Hideaway

Last edited by a moderator:

promazine

Aug 8, 2015
United Kingdom
No way! I bought one of these from you about 6 years ago I think? At a market stall in Eugene I believe. It's been great - and the magnesium is lovely and "scrapeable".
Sparks are nice and hot too :)
65c9913b613561b9126f15a1125e8c1b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

promazine

Aug 8, 2015
United Kingdom
Thought I'd posted a reply to this, this morning?? Must have gotten lost in the tinterweb a somewhere!

I bought one of these in 2007/8 when i was visiting my dad over in Eugene - there was a stall set up at the Eugene Sunday market, and there were a whole table of these to choose from. Still use mine, and it is by far the best one I have.

A couple of instructors on a course I did a few weeks ago wanted to know where it was from as it was throwing such good sparks - and I couldn't tell them! I'll have to drop them an email :)

If anyone needs a new ferro rod - give one of these a whirl!

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
I'm sorely tempted to grab a H60, have to check the paypal first. Now I see pouches available as well...dammit knew I should have picked one up while I was still in Raleigh but time and circumstances conspired against me. :mad:

Hemlock-

Jan 30, 2014
I'm sorely tempted to grab a H60, have to check the paypal first. Now I see pouches available as well...dammit knew I should have picked one up while I was still in Raleigh but time and circumstances conspired against me. :mad:

Yes! Prices on the large are £25 GBP shipped. Add £3 pounds for a Belt sheath. The sheath is made here in the US too!

WZjIoTj.jpg

These look great - about £22 for the pack seems like a bargain to me! PM inbound...

No, £41 shipped. Sorry for any confusion! It's $62.36 USD shipped.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hi Hemlock,
I hope you don't mind that I've edited your "$" sign to a Sterling "£" which might avoid any future confusion.

And there's a PM on its way.

ATB

Ogri the trog

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
...can't quite figure this out, is it £22ish for a kit which contains 3 firesteels, a small a medium and a large?....or £41 for 1...or maybe 3? Sorry am obviously having a daft day today!

Last edited:

Hemlock-

Jan 30, 2014
Hi Hemlock,
I hope you don't mind that I've edited your "$" sign to a Sterling "£" which might avoid any future confusion.

And there's a PM on its way.

ATB

Ogri the trog

YES Thank you!! The conversion thing is a little weird. Sorry for any confusion!

...can't quite figure this out, is it £22ish for a kit which contains 3 firesteels, a small a medium and a large?....or £41 for 1...or maybe 3? Sorry am obviously having a daft day today!

So £41 for the small/medium/large and a keychain shipped. The combo pack.

£25 for Just the large.

Add £3 to either order if you want a belt sheath for the large.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
YES Thank you!! The conversion thing is a little weird. Sorry for any confusion!

So £41 for the small/medium/large and a keychain shipped. The combo pack.

£25 for Just the large.

Add £3 to either order if you want a belt sheath for the large.

Phew! That's ace thank you!

Cheers j

Hemlock-

Jan 30, 2014
Hey guy's I have to bump the price slightly to £43 GBP. Paypal and shipping costs were taking a little more than I anticipated. I can guarantee they're still worth twice that though!!

If you purchased already don't worry about it. I'll cover the loss, just want to change it for the future.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE