So who's NOT watching the football?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Silence has descended on our neighbourhood, it's a beautiful sunny evening, so I'm off up the garden to listen to the remaining (audio book) chapters of "She" by H Rider Haggard (I've been listening to this on the bus to and from work for the past few weeks).

I've lit a fire, I may carve a spoon, and I'm going to have an enjoyable evening all to myself while it seems that the rest of England is glued to the goggle box.

Is there anybody else out there?

Geoff

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I'd love to watch it but I don't have a telly. I'm just back from a 40 mile cycle though, which was nice. I went to the earthship in Fife.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Sat at my desk sharpening a few knives, with the windows open, enjoying the peace and quiet along with the sunset, with only my dog, a beer and the occasional car on the High Street.

Have England lost yet?

IMOM

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2010
Living the dream
What football ? :) I luckily have managed to avoid it ,not even catching a glimps of it on the TV.

I hope my luck will continue until the end of the month, when its all over .

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
Not a football fan so not bothering to watch it.
Would be happy for England to win though despite the fact we'd never hear the end of it on tv etc. Scotland will never win the cup so would like to see our neighbours do it.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
im not, if im honest i can't think of much worse.

im sure its not true for all football supporters but it does annoy me when just presume that everybody likes football and some get real shirty if your not a supporter.
last week i told someone that i didn't care about the world cup and he called me a 'very very rude word' for not supporting england :cussing:. do they support england in every other sporting event? no. football apparently is infinitely more important than any other game.

as for me iv only just got home from work so im pretty knackered and will probably collapse in front of the tv and end up watching mock the week on dave or something lol

pete

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Geoff , Wouldn't your time be better spent going up the garden with that Noisy Chainsaw and cutting down those Trees you keep putting off?..

Hmm? :35:

Silence has descended on our neighbourhood, it's a beautiful sunny evening, so I'm off up the garden to listen to the remaining (audio book) chapters of "She" by H Rider Haggard (I've been listening to this on the bus to and from work for the past few weeks).

I've lit a fire, I may carve a spoon, and I'm going to have an enjoyable evening all to myself while it seems that the rest of England is glued to the goggle box.

Is there anybody else out there?

Geoff

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
not watching it, tis a fun enough game to play but i dont find any enjoyment in watching other people play it for 90 minutes, do hope england do ok though, besides i have no need to watch it as im sure i'll hear all about it at work on Monday :p

TJ

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I'm not watching.
Just finished a new set of hardwood scales for my recently acquired SAK.
Going to do the same tomorrow afternoon for another one.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Not watching it

Sorting out a friends ipod as she freely admits she is no good with technology.

Sat here with the patio doors open listening to the birds in the trees.

Who needs music when there are songs coming from the trees !!!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Not watching it despite being american as I have absolutely no interest it football. Been out in the greenhouse sorting the tomatoes and chillies out :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE