So was out at the weekend again...Warning Pic Heavy!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
for night two this year!

Was with Resnikov and a friend of ours who camps (more mainstream!), but had not experienced Hammock and Tarp Set up before.

We were in our wood where we have permissions, and the difference a month or so makes was amazing.

Firstly the amout of greenery that had come though, mainly Blue bells.

Secondly was the amount of dry wood we had to hand!

We headed down mid afternoon Saturday, after a while finding a suitable site for 3 DD Tarps and space to do the fire a little away, to avoid the smoke.

Once the Hammock and Tarp was up I set too with Wood Collection!

DSC00130.jpg

and building a reflector for the fire that meant it was also hid from view from passing eyes....

DSC00129.jpg

Set up was...

Me...

DSC00121.jpg

The micro hammock 4quid on Ebay will carry 90 kilos, worked great as storage!

Resnikov

DSC00131.jpg

Using his new Tarp from the Group Buy.

Once set I had a play with the Fly net set up and set the tarp for 'open plan'!

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

As darkness fell, we sat to cook, I had a Chicken Jalfrieze cooked in the can from Tescos! Basically stuck the open can in as close to the fire as I could. The other two stuck to Chilli!

Here you can see!

DSC00133.jpg

We may have had a drink or two, and as we opened a can of Probably the best Lager in the world we came across this tiny snail!

DSC00138.jpg

The fire kept us really warm, and we played around with the camera for a bit...

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

After the Port had gone we retired!

I slept quite well, but am now thinking that next time I will not use the Coleman coffin matt, as I think it makes the Hammock seem unbalanced.

We were up by 8.30am and had breakfast (Sausage and Beans in a can) and toasted Bread!

My Beans on Toast..

Beansontoast.jpg

we then packed up, tidyed up (Leaving a small wood pile for next time, because we can!) and headed home.

I brilliant experience!

Thanks for reading!

Muddy Boots

Settler
May 27, 2009
warwickshire
Great post, thanks for sharing the photos looks like it was fun.

That's an interesting way you pitched the DD Tarp byfolding it back on itself;any reason or just for space saving?

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
Great post, thanks for sharing the photos looks like it was fun.

That's an interesting way you pitched the DD Tarp byfolding it back on itself;any reason or just for space saving?

Thanks for your comments.

1 reason is as we were set in a traingle, kept it nice a social, 2nd reason was to give the hammock and airing!

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
I really like the head torch picture. Think of the snail as like the worm in a bottle of Ta-kill-ya (Tequila). :D

Thanks for sharing.

Gordy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE