So much potential! An ugly duckling for £11.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yep, the Marbles jungle Bowie! :cool:

Out the box it is crude, 'work ready' and as orange as an oompa loompa butt cheek. But, packed with potential.

A quick snap from my phone..

Yep, the clip point is fully sharpened! lol as badger ready as you'll need.

And the 'work ready'..

Pinned together on the tang are two soft scales and loads of over hang just waiting to give you blisters. :rolleyes:

But fear not viewers, these plump, soft hands of mine won't be getting sore, as this ugly duckling will be renewed into a soaring armoured eagle-swan!!!!! :eek:

The potential is strong with this one.

I'm going to do a few things to breath some beauty into this tractor. Remove the paint, rehandle it and add a finger choil to start with. Then I'll consider additional options once all that has been done.

The grind is pretty much perfect too, so no labour intensive regrinding will be needed, just a little touch up on the spine to square it off and a tad touching up on the ricasso area. I hear from many people that the steel is good too, the same used on their machetes.

I'll keep all posted as to progress! ;)

Thanks for looking!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You know that is so shocking it's kind've attractive in some odd way. (What my misses says about me too!)

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have to ask….what the hang was it ever intended to be used to do ?

It's just a total ???????

Bad blister creating handle, dayglo orange so you'll not lose it, pointy curved sharp tip ?

"Jungle bowie"….aye, right.

Interested to see how you turn it into something that might actually get used though :)

M

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have to ask….what the hang was it ever intended to be used to do ?

It's just a total ???????

Bad blister creating handle, dayglo orange so you'll not lose it, pointy curved sharp tip ?

"Jungle bowie"….aye, right.

Interested to see how you turn it into something that might actually get used though :)

M

Simple Mary - you replace and reshape the handle then reshape the blade to a sensible length and shape... it should not cost more than a few pounds in materials ... but around £200 (at least) in time at £20 /hour...
Bargain!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
£11 ? got to be a bargain at that price !. I could use one as a digging/root cutting tool, in that colour no fear of losing it & at that price no fear of a labourer breaking it.

Rob

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Lol there seems to be a surfacing hate for this minger! I think it's great, it's rough and ready and good to start digging, cutting, hacking etc.

try to see beyond the gaudy, borderline florescent, mega rambo exterior, and see the more subtle, albeit large but elegant potential.

And £20 an hour John? lol don't think these hands will ever receive/expect that kind of coin.

I've got some snakewood, brass pins and an eye to clean up the lines. So be patient and open minded! ;)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Lol there seems to be a surfacing hate for this minger! I think it's great, it's rough and ready and good to start digging, cutting, hacking etc.

try to see beyond the gaudy, borderline florescent, mega rambo exterior, and see the more subtle, albeit large but elegant potential.

And £20 an hour John? lol don't think these hands will ever receive/expect that kind of coin.

I've got some snakewood, brass pins and an eye to clean up the lines. So be patient and open minded! ;)

A craftsman is worth his hire......

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yeah I got it from HH, dispatched and delivered on the same day! speedy as always.

Their machetes are well known for being bargains, and this one is no different. I like the bowie shape and I'm looking forward to doing my best to make it less orange! :D

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Can anyone recommend a good paint stripper, please!

I hear nitromors is now pants due to the removal of certain ingredients within the product.. and I've never used anything else.

And I have 'purple heart' wood and 'snake' wood for the handles, which one would you guys like to see on this?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE