So how did you all get into this??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
Your experience by that fire is what it's all about, all the kit, all the chatter, it's just an aside really, a way of relaxing in a different way in terms of this forum, and kit? well, i am a sucker for it, but technology is practically in my blood. bushcraft is what i've grown up doing.

I quite agree, experts can help preserve the skills in teaching others, and also by making them aware of it in the first place, but whether you do bushcraft is down to whether you feel you do or not.

Sameold

Nov 2, 2005
Hampshire
Well, I said I try not to get kit obsessed but still find myself in possession of bivi bag, hootchi, knives, a saw, an axe (LOL!), a dog! ;)

Actually, I would say that a dog is real boon, as are horses. You can see much in an hour from the back of a horse...

B

bushcraftnut

For me it was the First Blood thing too but I think before that it was Deliverance I guess this survival and being with nature thing is an addictive lifestyle.

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Born to it. My people have been backwoods folks for generations. Some were among the first whites on this continent. Others were Native American. the place I grew up was forest. One of the things my parents did was guide canoe trips and outfit campers. Summers we'd split kindling for my mother and the rest of the day was ours. We spent it in the woods and on the water. Canoeing and woodscraft was a way of life. My grandfather taught me to hunt, fish, trap, track and learn the thought processes of animals. Winters, while other kids played sports, I hunted from snowshoes and ran a trap line. My childhood was blessed - though, of course, I had no clue. Whatever your childhood is like - seems normal - when you're going through it.

PG

Jan 31, 2006
Wolverhampton
Well seeing how i'm just getting into it i can tell you exactly how i started.

I'll start with my reasons.

As a kid i was moved around a lot, not drastically same shire but as a kd it's huge. I also grew the problem of not being able to sleep properly unless in motion. during my teenage years i became restless feeling the need to move on every year. Now during my early 20's i can think for myself and act on these instincts i have. I have so far sated my lust for travel by changing my environment every year. But i now think, this is going to continue thorughout my life and i'm going to end up in places i've never even dreamed of. Although i'm making my desire to travel sound like a curse it is anything but that. It is my passion to explore discover and to learn. If we had space travel i'd be up there in space searching for new worlds new galaxies. But we don't so i'm destined to explore this wonderful planet of ours and thus i got to thinking i'm gonna need to learn how to do this. Although i got into this train of thought it wasn't until i saw an episode of Ray Mears Bushcraft that i saw how i could learn things. I loved the respect for nature he had and the respect for other cultures. I thought to myself that is how i want to be. I checked for when it was next on but alas it had finished. I had never heard of bushcraft before but i was damn well not going to never hear of it again so, after a short delay caused by a soul destroying job taking over my life before i could sort it, i searched the internet and here i am. Fresh and new with no previously learned skills and the most open mind you'll ever know ready to learn everything.

Greetings to one and all...This is my first post here.

I was in the Army for a number of years and when i had got out i found myself out in the forest more and more. The more i found myslef there the farther away from civilization i had seemed to take myself and i fell in love with it..It went from being a soldier to survivalist and grew to a love of all things nature...

If you looked at my profile you might have guessed Im a Yank. Here in the states it is next to mission impossible to find anyone interested in survival that dosnt wear a tin-foil hat or is on either end of a radical cause. Not where i wanna be nor who i care to mix company with...Please dont toss me in with the stereo-typical American ..Im far from that and i have travled the world and i have an understanding about the world most American couldnt.

Anyhow Bushcraft and Survival take up most of my spare time. I spent most of my childhood weekend in the Mountains in Virginia where my parents owned land. I use to hunt back then but havnt do so since. I see no point in killing animals unless i have to. I belive Survival/Prepardness and bushcraft can bring you some of the best things, as far as experiences and peace of mind go, in life..

I hope everyones 2006 is going well

Brandenburger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE