Snugpak Sasquatch Sizing.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coolerking

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2008
Manchester
linktr.ee
Tripple S, and not with the normal meaning........ ;)

Hello there chaps,l I am looking at getting one of the sasquatch jackets and i am just wondering if;
A) anyone on here has one, what do you think about them...? and
B) sizing, are they a little larger sizes than normal? I am an XL usually, but should i be buying the L?

I've not really got a stockist near to me so just researching it and seeing if i can minimize the postage to and fro.

Thanks in advance.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I've got one, I like it a lot. It's very warm & is good for standing around in freezing temperatures. It's not as warm as an equivalent down jacket and is pretty bulky to pack (about the same as a two season sleeping bag) but I still think its a good bit of kit. They're marketed towards the military so are pretty well made like most Snugpak gear.
They've been on the market for about 10 years now so you can pick them up second-hand quite cheaply. The sizing is generous I went down a size to a small & there is still room for plenty of layers underneath.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Mega jacket - I love mine. Definitely go down one size. I am 6ft 2, with long arms, and a medium is a nice fit on me. Snugpak actually admit that they are made oversized, as the original intention for them was to wear them over the top of one of their Sleeka jackets.

As mentioned, they are a little bulky, but very warm. Unless you are in extreme cold, you won't want to walk anywhere whilst wearing it.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
I'm normally an xl but a large is more than big enough even with a load of layers on underneath. Warm enough to not need to sit too close to the fire. Being synthetic that's probably a good thing.

coolerking

Tenderfoot
Jun 24, 2008
Manchester
linktr.ee
Thanks guys, just as I thought really.
The snugpak stuff I've had/got is bigger than normal, just checking really.
Ive liked the look of them for a while, I think ill order the size L in it.

thanks again chaps.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
I bought mine 12 years ago, worth every penny. Yip its bulky enough to fill a rocket pouch, takes up a fair size of your ni patrol pack. It is worth it though, hood up backside covered, enables you to enjoy Scotlands finest foul weather.

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
I'm 6'8 and 18 stone and an L on me fits really well still with a bit of space for layers underneath (son has this one now) and also have an XL and I can wear the XL over the L - BUT - not for too long as it gets so dam hot! Use them for around the camp when no longer active and they keep you toastie throughout the winter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE