Snugpak Osprey For Thermarest Prolite 3 Short

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
genuinearmysurplus.co.uk do military ones, short, bascially a debaged thermarest, i have both, and both do the job the same but the army one is a fraction of the cost though but does just as good a job

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
genuinearmysurplus.co.uk do military ones, short, bascially a debaged thermarest, i have both, and both do the job the same but the army one is a fraction of the cost though but does just as good a job

Noooooooooo DO NOT BUY a military issue one!!!!!

The issue ones are complete rubbish and apparently the manufacturer's contract has been withdrawn due to the poor quality.

The membrane comes away from the internal foam mattress consequently making a membrane balloon after only a few uses. I should have taken pics of it to post here warning people not buy em.

During a recent tour of an 'orrible sandy place I binned 2 of 'em and other lads ordered Thermarests from UK as they are the daddy and top kit. I myself being a tight Yorkshireman used an issue closed cell foam mat cut in half and stuck with black maskers. Job done for the times I needed it.

Craeg

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
Noooooooooo DO NOT BUY a military issue one!!!!!

The issue ones are complete rubbish and apparently the manufacturer's contract has been withdrawn due to the poor quality.

The membrane comes away from the internal foam mattress consequently making a membrane balloon after only a few uses. I should have taken pics of it to post here warning people not buy em.

During a recent tour of an 'orrible sandy place I binned 2 of 'em and other lads ordered Thermarests from UK as they are the daddy and top kit. I myself being a tight Yorkshireman used an issue closed cell foam mat cut in half and stuck with black maskers. Job done for the times I needed it.

Craeg

not had any probs with mine

spoony

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 6, 2005
tyne and wear
www.bike2hike.co.uk
I got the MOD one as i sleep all over and didnt want to puncture my thermarest, the MOD one packs smaller then my thermarest, and in my opinion, is just as good for keeping the cold away.

Used in on shap moors when it was below -10, no probs
winterwanderland10.jpg

winterwanderland09.jpg

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
As discussed with Spoony, the mattress he owns is not the current MOD DCTA issue one but a similar type.

The MOD DCTA is 3/4 length and brown in colour. Don't buy one like this as they really are rubbish.

Craeg.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE