Snugpak bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dirk Diggler

Jan 19, 2009
Stockport
Hi all,
I have just purchased a Snugpak Softie Chrysalis autumn bag

http://www.supertent.co.uk/product_...tie-chrysalis-autumn-3-season-bag-10c-extreme

They claim a "unique rolling system" but i cant find what this is and there are no instructions, basically i can compress the bag to a decent....ish size but nowhere near the claimed 19x21cm size.

On first looks i am happy with the quality of the bag just a little dissapointed at the pack size in the backpack. I will be using it in anger on a wild camp in the lakes this coming weekend, so if anyone knows this mysterious "unique rolling system" would they care to share ?

Thanks.

Oh and as a side note i must praise supertent.co.uk for a very speedy service, received this in less than 48hrs ( no connection with them other than satisfied customer)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
''unique rolling system'' / ''variable length system'' -- what on earth is that was there no explanation, is it fancy sales-pitch words or is there any real substance to that claim, of course you could e-mail them for an explanation but they never replied to the three e-mails i sent them so i wouldn't buy from them myself as i consider that poor customer service.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I have a chrysalis Micro its a decent lite weight bag. They make good kit to be fair.
the rolling system I think you will find allows you to shorten the bag down a bit if your a short a**e!!! making it more thermally effecient.

It might also have an expansion panel in it that makes it cooler and wider for warmer climes or doubles as a baffle narrowing the bag in colder weather.

Hope this helps a bit!!

Andy

Dirk Diggler

Jan 19, 2009
Stockport
Hi Scrogger,
Yeah i kinda thought this rolling system must be something to do with shortening the bag as it cant really be anything else, i originally presumed it was some fancy way of packing it really small. I have now managed with brute force kneeling on the compression sack to get it down to a decent pack size but i would not like to store it too long this way.
All in all like you say it looks a pretty decent 3 season bag, looking forward to trying it out now.
Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE