Snowsled ventile prices

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Was looking at snowsled's prices for their basic single layer ventile smock and windshirt and at £210 and £155 respectively it begs the question, why so expensive? I would of thought £150/£80 would be a fair price. Does anyone happen to know what ventile is priced at per sq meter?

I sent an email to them last week asking what grade of ventile they use, but got no response as of yet. If they happen to use L19 ventile I guess the price is somewhat justified but my guess would be these garments are made up from standard medium L24 ventile.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Their products, their prices so I suppose don't buy them if its too pricey. They don't sell lots of these every week so need to work on a higher profit than larger sellers. Ventile is not exactly a hot seller really.

Feb 1, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Ventile fabric is expensive at around 20 pounds per metre and companies like Snowsled manufacture in the UK at higher labour rates compared to China and even Eastern Europe
Others UK manufacturers such as Hilltrek www.hilltrek.co.uk are slightly cheaper try them

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
£20 per square meter? I guess that is for L24 ventile. I wonder how much more the L19 grade costs. I bet atleast twice as much! No wonder you never see jackets made from L19!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE