Snowsled jacket pocket loop question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bowstring

Jan 18, 2021
Lancashire
Hello! I am probably about to ask a stupid question....I have a Snowsled arctic ventile jacket, which is supper comfy. In the pockets, at the bottom, there is a loop of material, just big enough to hook a finger through....My wife says they must be 'comfort' loops....and in fact I do find myself walking along with my fingers hooked in them....but they must be for tethering gloves to or something. Does anyone know what the intended purpose was for them? I am guessing hand warmers; but someone must know for sure. Thanks.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
clipping lanyards to for, well, keys and compasses and knives and notebooks and torches and .... that sort of thing

Bowstring

Jan 18, 2021
Lancashire
clipping lanyards to for, well, keys and compasses and knives and notebooks and torches and .... that sort of thing
Thought so, just wondered if there was a single specific thing Snowsled originally had in mind - but ya, general attachment point. Cheers

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I wouldn't put my fingers through loops if walking.
We even interdicted our boy scouts to put the hands into the pockets with good reasons.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Seriously:
Outdoors the risk to fall is pretty high and if you carry a rucksack and have the hands in the pockets of the clothing you risk to break an arm, what surely isn't so nice, especially alone in the woods.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
That's possible.
I think with the hands in the pockets they break the elbow.

Perhaps it's the best to put the hands into the leg side pockets and fix them there somehow?

;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE