snowed in today!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
minety in wiltshire is a white out!

Attachments

• DSCF4388.jpg
    DSCF4388.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF4373.jpg
    DSCF4373.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF4375.jpg
    DSCF4375.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF4385.jpg
    DSCF4385.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCF4389.jpg
    DSCF4389.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 37

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice piccies

We've only had an inch or so overnight, it's very weird snow though, it's really dry and fluffy if that makes sense.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nice piccies

We've only had an inch or so overnight, it's very weird snow though, it's really dry and fluffy if that makes sense.

The dry and fluffy is due to the lower temperatures I think. we had a similar situation here during the two weeks we were "guffed in", a lot of dry stuff ( which tended to be finer too) and then really heavy falls of proper "snowball" snow, 8-12 inches at a time on occasions.

We're iced in at the moment, at least the estate is. Its about 1/2 a mile down the hill to the road and then a 1/4 mile up the hill to get to the main road. Luckily; I got a pair of autosocks delivered last week, they are excellent for getting in and out safely and easy to fit/remove.

Nice pics by the way:eek:

atb

R.B.

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
We've got a couple inches more today too :)

We're iced in at the moment, at least the estate is. Its about 1/2 a mile down the hill to the road and then a 1/4 mile up the hill to get to the main road. Luckily; I got a pair of autosocks delivered last week, they are excellent for getting in and out safely and easy to fit/remove.

Any chance of a review rancid badger? LOL We've been looking at those too as a lightweight alternative to snowchains. But we werent sure how sturdy these Autosocks are, especially on icy/ gritted roads or what happens to them if you suddenly hit clear road and tarmac...:confused:

Cheers
Ness :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
And I'm so glad that all we've gotten this time is a dusting. It's over icy lumps from the last time in places though :sigh:
A couple of days of heavy snow's fun, but the aftermath is miserable to try to do anything in, or get anywhere either.

cheers,
M

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Seventeen inches here. There's no bread or milk to be had anywhere in town. So glad we had a load in the freezer.

17122010114.jpg

17122010116.jpg

P1010370.jpg

PC170001.jpg

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
None in East Yorkshire thankfully, We've still got a lot of ice down the side streets, Wouldn't want any on top of that

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
I'm in Blaenau Ffestiniog, ProjeKtWEREWOLF. The road over the Crimea has been closed since yesterday morning. I was chatting to another member of the rescue team and he said that the police were turning back anyone coming to Blaenau from Maentwrog direction so the town has been effectively cut off. It seems to be improving a bit now though.

Shambling Shaman, Co-op has sold out of pretty much all fresh foods (ie. bread, milk, fruit and veg etc) as well as flour (particularly bread flour) and also UHT milk. Eurospar (formerly Somerfield) are similar but do have more fruit and veg and McColls (formerly Spar) is the same. I think everyone has fallen into the mentality of buying more than they need before everyone else gets it and there's none left. Unfortunately this makes everything run out even if there is actually plenty to last if everyone was sensible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE