Snowdonia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clive.s

Aug 8, 2010
Hampshire
Hi Team,
Wondering if anyone can recommend a rewarding route or two within Snowdonia NP?

Looking to get dropped off somewhere and walk a couple of days, maybe camp out 2/3 nights? Bagging some peaks and seeing the best the NP has to offer?...

Thanks for your help.

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
Walk across much of it in three days. Start at Abergwyngregin, cross the carneddau to come down in Ogwen , overnight. Day 2 cross the glyders range, day 3 start pen y pass cross snowdon to come out in Beddgelert or rhyd ddu and catch the chuffer back.
Trust me its a good three days done in either direction.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Walk across much of it in three days. Start at Abergwyngregin, cross the carneddau to come down in Ogwen , overnight. Day 2 cross the glyders range, day 3 start pen y pass cross snowdon to come out in Beddgelert or rhyd ddu and catch the chuffer back.

yup thats a good set of days that

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales

As a local, I would heartily reccomend this route. Good (well fair anyway) public transport links at the main bits. The Ogwen valley is really good fun. be sure to get a decent guidebook though; there's a fair few around.

clive.s

Aug 8, 2010
Hampshire
Thanks for that! A quick look on (increasingly useless and advertising lead) google earth looks like that's the one! Right: A guide book(?) and topo map.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The suggestions sound Ace.

The climb up Tryfan is awesome from the north -it aint the biggest but its a proper mountain.

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
Some seriously scary scrambles on Tryfan. I proposed to my missus halfway up Glyder Fawr. Nice place. Also check out llyn/cwm idwal in the Ogwen valley. Really nice when it's quiet.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
Loads of basic Info on Snowdon routes on wikipedia of all places. I have a really good mountain routes book bumming around somewhere. I just need to find it; written and published locally. Good stuff though. I'll keep looking tomorrow after work. I'd say that the Glyderau, snowdon and maybe Tryfan would be worth doing if you want 3 days worth of climbs without having to go too far each day. Some ok looking campsites in the immediate area as well as youth hostels.

clive.s

Aug 8, 2010
Hampshire
Thursday and Friday look like a decent pair of days to do some walking.

Is starting at Abergwyngregyn and then walking into then campsite at http://www.tryfanwales.co.uk/ an option? Looks like it's about 8 miles as the crow flies, a decent days walk?

Then day 2 - The Glyders range, is that hitting Tryfan from the north, over that then down over Castell y Gwnt and Glyder Fawr?...

clive.s

Aug 8, 2010
Hampshire
THANK YOU! everyone who suggested the Abergwyngregyn to Ogwen walk. Had a magic, magic day!!! Had a wee tumble coming down into valley so didn't push on today for the Glyders. But had a lovely night in the Bunkhouse at Gwern Cof Uchaf.

There can't be a better day in Snowdonia. Thanks again for the lead.

Clive.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
sounds like you had a great time sorry to here about the tumble and that i missed your last post and yes i have done lots of walking around there if you thought the day you had was great there are loads more treasures in snowdonia to discover : )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE