Snow tracking in XKCD

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
When I was out in the snow at the beginning of February, I was walking across a field were some kids had been sledging, and making my way down to the river where no one goes. I was successfully tracking a fox that had gone to drink at a shallow pool just off the river, and as I turned around to head back up the slope there was a clear print of an electric guitar (fender shaped) in the snow. No footprints around it, but clearly a guitar print. It was possible to walk up the silt banks of the river without leaving footprints... but why :confused:

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Seemed like a lot of trouble to go to in the middle of nowhere where it had a very small chance of being seen.

Thats when it's best to do something daft like that, really makes people wonder what the hell was going on. Thats a pro thats done that.. lol

Nice wee page, like that.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
The "bored with the internet" one has a frightening ring of truth about it. Much like the realisation of why I suffer from right-hand RSI.:(

Thanks for that!

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE