Snakes:who likes them?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
This is the result of too many snakebites.
drunk_soccer_fan.jpg

leealanr

Apr 17, 2006
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
JonathonD,

You are quite right "trust" is a very human concept. and it is my trust that is suspect, not the animals.

I hated the idea of having to kill this snake, I just could not get it out of my garden, and had no idea as to how it got there.

I do not trust a wide variety of other animals, and humans as well, but we were talking snakes and so that was what the comment was related to.

However I do relate totally to the poem by D H Lawrence (1885 to 1930), titled "Snake":

" I thought how paltry, how vulgar, what a mean act, I despised myself and the voices of my accursed human education'

and the last lines.

"And I have something to expiate: A pettiness".

No I did not trust that animal, but I did not like the fact that I did not.

Alan L.

Last edited:

swagman

Nomad
Aug 14, 2006
Tasmania
Most people i know kill snakes and i can understand why when they have animals and children its not that they are not trust worthey
its that if they like your garden they will keep coming back and it only takes a child to step on one and it then gets serious.
I personally dont but i can understand why people do.

Bluemerle

Nomad
Nov 6, 2010
Essex
I have a completely irrational fear of snakes, i even struggle to watch them on television! tried to overcome fear by going to a zoo on one of those sessions were you could hold one,couldn't do it!! However i would never harm one, and appreciate what remarkable creatures they are.

Trackerman

Forager
Apr 3, 2008
Sweden
When I was a boy, reptiles and particular snakes was a huge interest. Always looking for them, when I´m out there (if it is the right season). Can´t explain why I find them so interesting, but they are beautiful creatures.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE