Small pouch tutorial

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
Now that is nice, I think I know what one of my next project's is going to be. just what I need to go with my plaid. Thanks for posting the tutorial. one question, are the beer and cute child necessary or could they be substituted with mead and a 6 foot teenager without compromising the design:)

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Now that is nice, I think I know what one of my next project's is going to be. just what I need to go with my plaid. Thanks for posting the tutorial. one question, are the beer and cute child necessary or could they be substituted with mead and a 6 foot teenager without compromising the design:)
I think that the mead would work well mate,please send some so I can try it!But a cute two year old is much better help when doing the stitching as they have a longer attention span than a teenager.:rolleyes:

pwb

It took awhile but I've finished my 'Haggishead Sporran'. I used Al's measurements and closely followed his design, but replaced leather for what materials I had at hand namely heavy canvas, nylon webbing and a plastic Q/R buckle.
DSC01665Small.jpg

The lid and front piece are double thickness and are bound with cotton tape. I left a bit unsewn on the lid, makes a handy pocket and the belt loop allows for high or low carry.

DSC01668Small.jpg
DSC01650Small.jpg

DSC01670Small.jpg

Thanks again Al for a great tutorial:You_Rock_ Look forward to the next one :D

All the best and
Merry Christmas everyone.

Pete.

DarbyFett

Sep 30, 2008
Texas
That is awesome! Looks like a military issue sporran.

Haggisheads sporran went fishing with me this weekend at a State Park(didn't catch anything). The pouch is incredibly roomy. I had my Digital camera,spare batteries,Fallkniven DC4 stone, pipe, small bag of tobacco and a tamper with room to spare.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Thanks for the inspiration - I made one of these pouches and love it...I substituted an antler button for the knot.
I cannot do pickies at the mo due to flat batteries but will try to remember to post one when they finish recharging....

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Lovely work John.
Looks so much better in leather :rolleyes: .

Really like that belt too :) .

Pete.

Actually I have just been looking at my supply of canvass and webbing - thinking of making one a bit like yours.....:)

I have started doing some belts with a view to flogging them...this one is not for sale as it is now my "Bushy Belt" but the one it replaced went as soon as I offered it!
In the New Year I intend jamming this site up with bargains for sale, both my making and stuff from my wardrobe as I have acumulated far too much gear.
There may be a few Sporrans going - as long as Ozhaggishead has no objections...
Over to you Oz....

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Nice work Puub looks like the sporran to go with the utilikilt.,I like your lateral thinking with materials,but I must confess to I prefer the leather version:sad6:

John mate,you version looks great I like how you did button.If i can make a suggestion for the next one is make thong holes in the front support a bit closer together.Of course you can make some to sell mate,I do not object to that at all.

But you are going to send me a bottle of nice whisky aren't you;)

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks very much for this.

This will be my next 'to make' item.

I'm English, but if mine looks as good as yours I'll gladly be wearing a sporran on my side. It looks a very useful size too!

I've just sent off for some leather, 8sq ft of 1.4mm suade of it infact as I want to make myself some softer leather kit pouches. So this will be perefect for this. Now just need to get some more dye for my 3mm leather, British Tan as all my leather is (though I'm thinking of just doing the 3mm and have it two tone).

gan_pi

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2011
Manchester, UK
When the talk is of crafts dying out they can't have been on this forum, its a craft of its own right!

That's a brilliant tutorial, and inspired me to have a go. No idea what i'll use it for, but I'm sure something will come about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE