Small lighters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

perpetualelevator

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I just ordered some of these yesterday. Crazy. Along with a bunch of those cheap LED keychain lights.

Actually I got the other model, with the flat bottom, but basically the same deal. Cheap enough to have one everywhere, and the fluid shouldn't evaporate.

Sep 27, 2007
essex
I have some minute antique petrol lighters. One of them is about 1.5cm by 2cm. They work pretty well but seem to be worth a fair bit these days.

Kris

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
I have used the flat bottomed lighter a lot. It doesn't always light first strike but it's a nice lighter, nice looking and waterproof. It can be quite leaky when you have just filled it, but maybe that's because I fill it too much... anyhow, I never used an oil lighter so don't know how zippo compares in quality. These don't evaporate their fuel as a plus.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've ordered 5 ferro rods and 100 keyring lights. Those little lights are so good, 25p each, and yet people go and spend £10 on ONE Inova :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

perpetualelevator

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, I got the Inova keychain light a while ago, it was about $6 (I think about #3 (sorry, don't have the pound currency symbol)), but the design was such that it kept turning on in my pocket, so the batteries ran down after a couple weeks. New batteries were going to cost more than a new light, so I just didn't bother with either. And yet DealExtreme can sell 10 lights, with the same batteries, for less than the price of one in a store. Economies of scale in action.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Yeah, I got the Inova keychain light a while ago, it was about $6 (I think about #3 (sorry, don't have the pound currency symbol)), but the design was such that it kept turning on in my pocket, so the batteries ran down after a couple weeks. New batteries were going to cost more than a new light, so I just didn't bother with either. And yet DealExtreme can sell 10 lights, with the same batteries, for less than the price of one in a store. Economies of scale in action.

Dan you paid $6 ( Canadian? ) and yet the Inova costs about $20 in the UK, crazy price difference. One Inova light or 40 DealExtreme lights for the same money?

One Silva Helios lighter or 10 of these for the same money?
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4179 (three of us members here have had Helios lighters fail)

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Crazy world we live in

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
My mate just got a Compact 1300-C Butane Jet Lighter from deal extreme and I've been playing with it tonight, brilliant for the price, very similar to the prometheus intruder which is £31.95 at Hennie Haines with very little difference, his prometheus broke and while it's being fixed he bought the one from deal extreme.
He also brought round 10 of the photon style torches for me which all worked and outshine my photon by far.
Mind you I ordered 20 of the photon style for myself back in Jan and I'm still waiting for delivery, he ordered these last week and they took 5 days to show up so not sure what deal extreme are playing about at with my order even after a dozen emails!

perpetualelevator

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Dan you paid $6 ( Canadian? ) and yet the Inova costs about $20 in the UK, crazy price difference.

Yeah, Canadian. We have a sporting good chain called LeBaron that has really good prices on most things. Often less than the MSRP's. Sometimes significantly less in the case of knives and flashlights (torches). Not sure how they do it, but I'm not going to complain.

The website is a little hard to navigate, but here it is:
http://www.lebaron.ca/index_en.html

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE