small light

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Whether that particular one works well or not, it is a bright idea.

I'm a bit concerned that 20 hours out of one of those big batteries is poor performance compared to the Petzl and other LED lights - can't they last over 100 hours on 3x aaa (4.5 volts)?

Sorry for the bad pun...

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
They also do a similar waterproof one with a strobe function (double the battery life - think it's a single LED though), if anyone's interested.

Also just saw this on MSE:
Spend £40 or more on your first order at IWOOT and get £15 off using the discount code SEPOFF10. This Discount code was sent to me via IWOOT newsletter. Plus if you speed £50 or more its free postage.

mojofilter

Nomad
Mar 14, 2004
bonnie scotland
ilovemybed said:
Whether that particular one works well or not, it is a bright idea.

I'm a bit concerned that 20 hours out of one of those big batteries is poor performance compared to the Petzl and other LED lights - can't they last over 100 hours on 3x aaa (4.5 volts)?

Sorry for the bad pun...

I find that after, maybe 3 or 4 hours, that my tikka has dimmed enough for me to want to change the batteries!

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
some companies will list the amount of time that 3 of the best cells wil keep some light coming out of a LED. It doesn't mean that it's useable light. I don't tend to trust run times or lumen ratings from companies unless I know they have a reputation for being useful

eg the QIII claims to put out 70 lumens of light, someone tested it at about 26

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE