Small Forest Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaymondo

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 29, 2003
East Sussex
Found a good source for Gransfors Bruks Axes. Can't comment on the rest of the range, but the price they are offering for the Small Forest axe is unbeatable imo. I paid £24.05 for the axe + vat and it came to a whopping
£29.06. There is p/p to pay but obviously this will depend on your location.
( Only £5 from Scotland to Brighton). So now for the Who where When etc.
The company is called Carpenter Oak and Woodland Co. Ltd. The Framing yard, Loch of Lintrathen, Kirriemuir, Angus, Scotland, DD8 5JA. Tel: 01575 560393. The lady I dealt with is called Esther Brown and very helpful she is too. They normally collect a number of orders before approaching Gransfors so delivery times seem to vary according to response.

All the best

Jay.

Jaymondo

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 29, 2003
East Sussex
They do have a website: www.cowco.biz The reason I did'nt put it in the
original post was that the website relates to their main business which is
Oak frame buildings. The axes are a small aside and are dealt with by
the Scottish Branch. I have'nt checked recently but last time I looked
they were not pictured on the site. A phone call or E-mail is probably best.Hope this helps.

Jay.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Just phoned this company, they're now quoting £55 :-( an increase of about £20 per axe.

So where's the cheapest place to get a SFA now ??? :-? :?:

woodprods

Feb 5, 2004
www.cowco.biz
This is Woodprods @ cowco - suppliers of gransfors axes. Apologies to Maddave for giving him the wrong price for the small forest axe. Our price is actually £48 (inc del & VAT). We have had to put our prices up, as (1) the swedes have put their prices up; (2) delivery charges have gone through the roof, and (3) we were losing money at the old prices! Everybody likes a bargain, but I'm sure we'd all agree sustainability is important.
We guarrantee to have the cheapest Gransfors axes in the UK. If you can find it cheaper elsewhere - let me know!
By the way, the Gransfors "Hunters" axe is proving really popular amongst killers of wild things. It's just £53 (inc del & VAT) from us.
Happy chopping!

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Woodlore sells then for £47.50p, VAT and P&P included.

woodprods said:
We guarrantee to have the cheapest Gransfors axes in the UK. If you can find it cheaper elsewhere - let me know!

woodprods

Feb 5, 2004
www.cowco.biz
small forest axe now £48 inc del & VAT
new contact for all gransfors range - T:01225 7440088
Tim Walton
We guarrantee to beat any gransfors price! :lol:
Good choppping!

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Woodlore = Ray Mears

woodprods said:
price war, eh?
who is / are "woodlore" ?
I guess I'll have to do a small forest axe for £47!

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
price war, eh?
Sorry guys.... we don't want a price war here :-(

We have some simple guidelines for people selling stuff here.... to avoid things like price wars.

6 Advertising (Dealers & Traders):
Advertising is not allowed here on the bushcraft UK forum. However, we do like to see genuine resources made available to our members, so a single link and a brief description of a website is perfectly acceptable without penalty (links in signatures are also acceptable as long as this is not abused)
Overtly commercial language is not acceptable, neither is the posting of prices, availability of products etc. Any buy/sell activities should take place via email or PM. Keep in mind that all moral and legal responsibilities lay with the seller and the buyer of goods. bushcraft UK accepts no responsibility for any losses incurred by either parties.
Moderators will use their judgment as necessary to help the forum run smoothly and to avoid any confusion.

So if anyone is interested in getting a SFA(or anything else) from woodprods please pm them for more infomation and sort out a price. Please keep it off the forum.

Thank you guys

:)
Ed

boaty

Nomad
Sep 29, 2003
Bradford, W. Yorks
www.comp.brad.ac.uk
pteron said:
What's wrong with a price war anyway? After all we the consumer benefit.

Only if all concerned stay in business...

A standard tactic by large companies to remove competition from small companies is to reduce prices to loss-making levels. Small company reduces prices to stay competitive but cannot sustain the loss, and goes out of business. Big company rubs hands in glee and puts the prices up again...

Of course I'm not suggesting that such business practices would be in use by anyone here :biggthump

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I've ordered my SFA (from an undisclosed source :cool: who may sell the odd billhook too!! ) and am expecting delivery very soon. I'm as excited as Michael Jackson in Toys R Us :-D

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
Womble said:
But does the discusion board - or the website as a whole?

Why would it affect the board or website? It exists as a resource for those interested in bushcraft. Such users need kit. A reduction in price of the kit benefits the users.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE