Slovenia & bushcraft hoiday ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

timf2009

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2009
Hamburg Germany
No but I've driven through there a few times and thought it would be a great place to go. Lots of unspoiled woodland and dramatic scenery. Good luck if you do it and make sure to let us know how you get on!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Lovely part of the world, a bit nippy in the winter and has very warm summers, as in the UK there is a risk of forest fires. Wild camping is common but I have no idea if it is legal or not. Carrying of knives and axes may not be legal either but out of towns and in the woods most folk seem to carry something on their belts.

Did you have an area in mind? What time of year?

The people are for the most part very friendly, only young people in towns will speak English, the food is excellent.

You'll have a grand time.

:)

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Spent a week in Bled, NW of Ljubljana - spectacular part of the world. Didn't do any bushy - was backpacking around Europe with the g/f at the time - but would definitely go back. Highlights were Mostnica Gorge and rowing out to the church in the middle of Lake Bled :D

Sttrory

Forager
Oct 20, 2010
moon
I've got family who run a chocolate shop there. It's a amazing place and good beer too
one thing I would be aware off is the massive ants you get in the woods really nasty beasts!

Sep 24, 2012
Slovenia
I am from Slovenia. Wild camping is illegal, but there are some good places for bushcraft, it's depending on what you're looking for. If you need more information you can send me PM.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE