Sloe Jelly Pictorial

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think pure sloe would be too bitter, the apples mellow it and add pectin. I would avoid all crab apples - some are fine. Other than that, use what you have!

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Thank you kindly :D Its like a sketch design.. a concept if you like... but I enjoyed doing it.

I've been tinkering with a logo for your website... just have to finish off some designs for another project (which to my shame has taken me months) and I'll put some ideas up for you.

It's weird, but giving myself a maximum of 20 minutes to design a label for your jelly and yesterday for the acorn coffee, its given me a real buzz that I haven't had in years! I've got ideas swirling round in my head... luckily I am surrounded by sketchpads and pens :D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thank you kindly :D Its like a sketch design.. a concept if you like... but I enjoyed doing it.

I've been tinkering with a logo for your website... just have to finish off some designs for another project (which to my shame has taken me months) and I'll put some ideas up for you.

It's weird, but giving myself a maximum of 20 minutes to design a label for your jelly and yesterday for the acorn coffee, its given me a real buzz that I haven't had in years! I've got ideas swirling round in my head... luckily I am surrounded by sketchpads and pens :D

You have a real talent. I struggle to draw the curtains. Haven't got an artistic bone in my body - for all I worked in the art trade briefly.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
A quick idea for your website BR... if you get an image of your liking, maybe a squirrel or a chicken, you can create a .ico file. It changes the small icon next to your website name in browsers and bookmarks. Bit difficult to explain, but if you look at the tab of BCUK you'll see the BCUK logo in icon format. It adds a little something :D

I can create something like that if you want... only takes a second or two.

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
Thanks for this. I have a load of sloes in the freezer (me and the kids got carried away last weekend) and my Mrs won't let me spend the £80 on gin to use them all for the originally intended purpose ;)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Strange you ask, someone else asked me about them recently. Never used one I'm afraid, but I see no reason why not

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
That looks great!
I wished you were my neighbour ��

Have to get a jelly bag and make same too ��

Thanks for the inspiration

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE