Sleeping Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I reckon the Golden Eagle is about the size of a Nanok -25 for reference - it really is a beast. Bleeding great with snow on the ground don't get me wrong but bulky.

Now the funniest is it nests inside a 0 for a minus 35 bag - you will however need a Sherpa :)

Red

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
(A) Woodlore Golden Eagle
(B) Nanok Endurance sf -25ºC (£20 cheaper)

I cant speak for the Woodlore but I have the nanok Performance -30 and its prity good I have used it in a hammock and in folding tent and under a tarp and it keeps me warm....
Very warm.... so much so that its to hot and I have to open it ;()

This is the best bag I have ever owned it was expensive but I would pay it again knowing the quality..

Good luck with whatever you choose....

Bear in mind like any bag with baffles the zips a pain in the but especially in a hammock!!

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
The only reason I bought the Ray Mears ones was the centre zip and that the Nanok Endurance two zips twice as much to go wrong. ;)

With the Nanok Extreme, is it possible to get in and out using just one of the two zips? Or do both need to be unzipped?

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
With the Nanok Extreme, is it possible to get in and out using just one of the two zips? Or do both need to be unzipped?

No, you do not need to use both zip's; it is just handy for people who like left hand OR right hand zips. The handy thing is, they are two way zips so you are able to unzip them from the bottom and stick both feet out if they are hot whilst still allowing the top portion to be zipped keeping your trunk or torso warm.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
The RM bags are made by Nanok so you are effectively paying more for the same product. In my opinion you are splashing out more money than you need to on a -25 bag for use in the UK, I used to have the -10 and slept out in that throughout the winter - unlike some other bags Nanok temperature ratings seem to be pretty good, although like British Red says they are bulky. The RM equivilent of the -10 is the 'Osprey' I think - there is one for sale at £85 in the Classifieds at the mo.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
I have slept out warm as toast in a pattern 58 down bag, an un-issed one which was recently dry cleaned, with two silk liners in minus 5. So i guess it boils down to individual metabolic rate, and the amount of additional insulation next to the skin.

Sandsnakes

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Outdoorcode sold the 0 o bag, but this last site mentioned just seems to have the SF, -10 and -25.

cheers,
Toddy
The Nanok site refers to it as the Endurance SF range.

The UK tactical site uses pretty much the same wording for all 3 bags, but doesn't mention a temperature rating of the 'SF' bag, which i'm guessing from the price will be a 0 degree bag.

It should fit fine (I bought all three from ODC, used the -10 in Norway at -20 :eek: , not had to use the -25 yet!) :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE