Sleeping Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 10, 2015
Oman
Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but here it is again..

I'm after a lightweight sleeping bag for expedition use. It's likely to get damp/wet, so synthetic is the way forward. Size and weight are obviously important, more the size though. It will need to be 3/4 season in warmth too.

What do people recommend?

TIA
J

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
It doesn't have to be synthetic - Exped do a waterproof down bag in various seasons - (google exped waterbloc). I've got the 1000 series and it is excellent. For 3 seasons I s'pose the 600 or 800 would be fine.

Last edited:

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
I have been mulling over a new sleeping bag myself, it had to be water resistant at least, lighter than the arctic british army bag and it needed a centre zip for hammock camping, I decided on a Carinthia Defence 4, it weighs in at 2 kilos and is comfortable down to -15 or extreme -35, okay you can get lighter than this but then you must part with some serious wedge, I paid £75 for a used one although it is in excellent condition and it is really, really warm, great bit of kit for the money

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE