Sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
I think Ill go with this one , is it a good deal ? has anyone had any experience with it ? will it be good for -10C in snow ?

For below freezing, i've always heard to go above 5 R value. From experience around freezing (Just a bit above freezing) i've found that to be true. I'd just go with an inflatable under a CCF mat. Something like the Thermarest Ridgerest, or the square one which folds (seems a bit easier, but didn't have those here in the store when i went, so haven't used the square one yet ;) ). Btw, yes, i said inflatable UNDER the foam mat. This insulates you better. If you don't need the insulation, you can always put the foam one on the bottom to protect your inflatable.

IC_Rafe

Forager
Feb 15, 2016
EU
I'd stay away from anything which doesn't mention the R-value, if you're planning to go in freezing weather.

The inflatable is a "self inflatable", which i don't like myself. I prefer something insulated which you have to inflate yourself. Must more thicker and comfortable. Also a lot lighter, and a lot less bulky.

The mat seems like a standard ground mat, which will insulate a little, but far from enough in winter. Even in summer those are already barely enough.

I'd really suggest the Thermarest or other known brands of pads/inflatables for this, not cheap surplus. Look at reviews and what hikers use ;). Winter is a different beast than summer all together and it's very easy to feel terrible without enough insulation under you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE