sleeping bag design

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

anvik

Dec 4, 2016
denmark
Hi, i am working on making a few sleeping bags, for myself, friends and anyone interested. I would like your thoughts about colours. I have the following options i am exploring:
Marpat
Olive
Black
Finnish M05
Forest/woodland
Multicam.

Your opinions please.
Cheers

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
I normally put my sleeping bag inside a bivvy bag so the colour isn't really that important. I do draw the line at pink, though..... ;)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'd humbly suggest people may be more interested in the design and insulation type over the Camo Choice.

Although Glow-In-The-Dark would be a novel addition.

Wish you luck.

anvik

Dec 4, 2016
denmark
They are -30 duck down, half zipped. Personally i use a bivvy bag so colour no issue, i am more looking to peoples preferred colours/patterns

anvik

Dec 4, 2016
denmark
I have a mesh patch on my bivvy bag where i sometimes put a small glow stick to find "home" in the dark when i am torch free

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
They are -30 duck down, half zipped. Personally i use a bivvy bag so colour no issue, i am more looking to peoples preferred colours/patterns

What sort of Foot style ( Box / Mummy / Other ) and Hood style

anvik

Dec 4, 2016
denmark
I am working on the final shape, but mummy style with additional shoulder width, fully baffled zips and shoulder baffles. Shape/style is more or less the same as snugpak antractica, so plenty of room at the feet without so much that they become cold.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I am working on the final shape, but mummy style with additional shoulder width, fully baffled zips and shoulder baffles. Shape/style is more or less the same as snugpak antractica, so plenty of room at the feet without so much that they become cold.

Sounds good. You have any idea of what the eventual end price will be?

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Most recent cold bag is Hollofill on the bottom and down on top. Down tube behind the zipper.
Best of all, it's a barrel bag = extra wide in the middle.

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich

Very interested with the additional width....Would they come with a stuff sack? As for colour....olive green.

thanks
Tim B

Last edited:

anvik

Dec 4, 2016
denmark
Well OG is the way to go by the sound of things, so will do OG and or Black I think. I will PM you when the time comes. Not for a little while yet though.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Folk

Can you be sure that you adhere to the rules regarding advertising on the forum, and that you do not encourage or tempt a new member to overstep the line. Stating that you will be making for "anyone who is interested" and having people asking about price and making suggestions for collection to keep postage down is stretching things. Section 8: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45

My memory is not what it was, but I know I have had to say this before now, and possibly to some of the people in this thread.

Anvik,
If you do decide that you are going to make a number of bags, and come back on here to sell them (with paid membership) you might want to give thought to what your sleeping bag will offer that others do not? OG and black would have been my choice too. I wish you luck. I made a simple underquilt for a hammock using Apex synthetic insulation and it was a lot more fiddly than I expected, and I am not convinced that it works all that well, even though it hangs in the right place.

anvik

Dec 4, 2016
denmark
To be clear, this is a hobby/interest and by no means a business. I have far too much going on to be starting any businesses.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
To be clear, this is a hobby/interest and by no means a business. I have far too much going on to be starting any businesses.

Well for me ,the colour of bag is not that important as it will be in a bivvy bag, height, width, foot area (trapazoidal) etc, materials and price are of most interest to me. I wish you all the best, and look forward to your prototypes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE