Sleeping Bag - Coleman Big Basin Extreme Weather

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
My main criteria for selecting this bag:

1 - It had to have enough room, Im 6'4
2 - Under £100
3 - Warm enough for frosty Scottish 'Summers'

I picked it up for under £50 so thought that at the very least it would provide a decent summer bag if I treat myself later in the year to a better spec bag. However after a camp for two nights last week, I really have no complaints.

It is certainly the roomiest bag I have slept in, Im pretty broad too and due to some old injuries I toss and turn a lot. Its the first bag that I have managed to stay in through the night, and didnt feel the cold at any point. Underneath I had a basic self inflating matt and wore my base layers and a tshirt.

It is very bulky, and an attempt to tame it with a compression sack in the store failed. Im sure it would squeeze down a little, but at the risk of cold spots etc I just wrapped it fairly secure in the standard bag and then in my old Army poncho and strapped it to my rucksack.

By no means is this an elite piece of kit, but for bigger chaps on a budget I'd certainly recommend it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE