Sleeping bag advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

J4C3

Forager
Apr 11, 2010
Derbyshire
Ive used the search function but didnt find the info i was after so please go easy if im reposting an answered question,thank you

Im in the process of planning and buying kit to take for a 1-2 days Hammock camp in The UK ideally id like an all seasons bag and as small as i can get away with.

I like the look of the Modular sleeping system USA recon set up,a mate has one but its very bulky when stowed another had a Nanook (sp?) Osprey which is smaller in size but not as toasty,ive little experience and have only seen these two in use.

Id welcome any input for a sub £150 bag please,i think im going to be someone who travels kinda light,so smaller the better but i know it must be a compromise between warmth and size etc
EDIT:blimey just seen the Muscubag great idea to hop in and out of hammock and the price seem good but id fear ripping
thanks for taking the time out to read and thanks in advance for any feedback
Jace

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Alpkit Pipedream 600

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16416&category_id=253

For all the googling I've ever done for new doss bags, the Alpkits are hard to ignore at the end of the day. I bit the bullet and bought the 600 last year to replace a very toasty Snugpak Elite 4. Almost half the weight and half the pack size but just as warm. It was recommended to me by a couple of mates and plenty of good words on here amongst other places.

They're out of stock at the minute but it's worth getting on their mailing list and keep your eye on the news section.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Another vote for Alpkit bags. I'm a recent convert to them from my usual Snugpak 9.

I picked up a hardly used Alpine Dream 500 from ebay and it's brilliant. It's really warm but light and small to pack. I think it's an older model but I hear nothing about good things about any Alpkit bags.

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Sound advice from the others. I use a Milletts down bag under £70 packs small and is very toasy, to the extent I would not use it in the summer as I fry. Has served me well in the Chilterns in January snow and walking in the rain in Scotland in November.

Sandsnakes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE