Sleeka Force 35 / Sabre 35 pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
Hi. Just got a Snugpak Sleeka Force 35 and the pockets are a bit small for my 2 litre folding water bottle. It kind of fits, but it's a pain and I don't want to damage the bottle. I wanted to know if the side pockets on the Karrimor Sabre 35 are any larger than those on the Sleeka.

The Sabre pockets are stated to be 2 1/2 litres each, but that doesn't mean my 2 littre bottle will fit properly if the pocket isn't long enough. It's hard to tell online. Anyone with experience of both these bags and know for definite? Thanks.

edit: Would like to add that I tried getting my 'Jetboil' into the Sleeka pocket, but with no success. So, it would also be useful to know if anyone has a Karrimor Sabre 35 and can get a 'Jetboil' in a side pocket? Thanks again.

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
Hi. Just got a Snugpak Sleeka Force 35 and the pockets are a bit small for my 2 litre folding water bottle. It kind of fits, but it's a pain and I don't want to damage the bottle. I wanted to know if the side pockets on the Karrimor Sabre 35 are any larger than those on the Sleeka.

The Sabre pockets are stated to be 2 1/2 litres each, but that doesn't mean my 2 littre bottle will fit properly if the pocket isn't long enough. It's hard to tell online. Anyone with experience of both these bags and know for definite? Thanks.

edit: Would like to add that I tried getting my 'Jetboil' into the Sleeka pocket, but with no success. So, it would also be useful to know if anyone has a Karrimor Sabre 35 and can get a 'Jetboil' in a side pocket? Thanks again.

Nudge. Ray Mears sells Sabre 35 rucksacks. I wonder if his Jetboil fits in the pocket?

BlueTrain

Nomad
Jul 13, 2005
Near Washington, D.C.
I don't have one but I'm thinking very hard about buying one at the moment. I've got a couple of questions and I thought I'd put them here rather than in a new thread.

My first question is also about the side pockets. I happen to like side pockets on a pack partly because it allows me to segregate items a little better and it also allows more convenient access, at least to items in the side pockets. My question is, how are these pockets closed? Or are they merely covered with an elasticated cover. There doesn't seem to be a zip fastener or a strap. It is unclear in different photos of the pack.

My other question is about the pocket on the bottom. It says it comes with a pack cover that is stowed in the bottom pocket. Will that pocket hold anything else, such as a gound cloth? And how is that pocket accessed? That also isn't clear in any of the photos, at least not in any of the photos I've looked at.

And as long as I'm at it, how is the mesh pocket on the front accessed? And finally, are there any internal pockets, sleeves or slots?

The pack seems to be about the right size for an all day trip in bad weather when you want to have a lot of stuff along or think you might want to remove your outer garment when you get up steam later in the day. But I've never been a big fan of waist or hip belts even though I know they seem to cut the weight in half. Can't have everything, I guess.

Comments will be appreciated.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Sleeka Force 35

I'm fairly happy with it as a day pack, but I don't have anything to compare it with.

Side pockets have an elasticated flap for the top cover, with a drawstring and drawstring lock. They will each take a 58 Pattern waterbottle, though it can be a bit fiddly to get the bottle in /out.

There are no internal pockets but there is a zipped pocket on the top of the main flap.

The mesh pocket has a small velcro pad - it isn't very big but I find it useful to store a few bits of cordage.

The bottom pouch for the cover is zipped. You won't get very much in there. My Aussie Hoochie might just about squeeze in if I folded it, but it won't go in rolled up.

Geoff

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
Although the Sleeka Force 35 was very comfortable to wear (for me at least) I sent it back because the side pockets just weren't big enough for what I wanted - a Jetboil. I was impressed with the bag though, especially its light weight. It still looked a tough bag and I reckon it would have taken a some heavy use.

I think the side pocket covers were elasticated - I can't believe I've forgotten already! - but the pocket rims did have a draw-string and sliding toggle. Not the easiest to access, but I'd have been happy with them if they fitted what I had for them. One advantage of draw-strings - no zips to bust.

I now know (thanks to eskimo) that the Karrimor Sabre 35 pockets are big enough for my Jetboil (it's just the place I like to put it) so I will be ordering one pretty soon. Cheers peeps.

giz

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2007
devon
hi i have the sabre 35 and use it all the time wether am out bushcrafting or just shopping down town in the side pockets i fit a dutch 1ltr bottle and steel mug with room to spare for a msr pocket rocket filter bag kfs not sure if you could fit a jet boil in but i aint got one so not sure if you could pack it up small enough

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
hi i have the sabre 35 and use it all the time wether am out bushcrafting or just shopping down town in the side pockets i fit a dutch 1ltr bottle and steel mug with room to spare for a msr pocket rocket filter bag kfs not sure if you could fit a jet boil in but i aint got one so not sure if you could pack it up small enough

I appreciate the info. I've learnt that a Jetboil does fit into the pockets. Seems the Sabre 35 is ideal and I also know it meets the spec for 'carry-on' luggage too - another requirement of mine.

Cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE