Skype and/or Googlechat

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Tutor wants me to use one or the other.

Ho hum.

I have a healthy dislike of technology (read; I like it as long as I dont have to use it) and in particular communications.

What do I do?

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Learn how to use skype, once mastered it really does make video calls fun. My sister in Oz used skype to update my parents. It is worth it.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
The Skype smartphone app is very good and intuitive to use. I've had to use it a few times

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Go to skype.com, create an account using your email address. Then this becomes your Skype ID (you can search for people by email address or by the name used when creating the account).

Then when you start skype you can add contacts - your tutor should be able to send you their skype email address or name.

Using skype is a bit like using a mobile phone. You can sent text, make a call or make a video call.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Tengu,

After downloading the programme\software, I take it that you opened the program from programs list or desktop.

After opening the program you will find a "HELP" section, it might seem a bit unwieldy at first but takes relatively little time to become familiar with it, play around with it as you really cannot do anything 'wrong'.

BTW, did you download it to PC\laptop or are you using it on a tablet or a smartphone?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE