Sky Fall...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
A turn off the access road into a local marina leads one onto the top level of a multi storey car park. On a rainy day the top level being roofless generally has a very large but shallow puddle in the central area. The local Seagull fraternity use this fresh rainwater as a drinking and bathing place.

I parked on the top level one wet day and skirting the puddle made my way to the pedestrian stairway leading to the lower levels. As I did so a flock of about a dozen Seagulls in hot pursuit of a single Gull flew screaming over the car park. I looked up to see the Gull being chased had what I thought at first was a large Crab in it's beak. The lone Gull swooped and jinked to avoid it's pursuers and then when almost directly overhead, released it's 'catch' and I watched in amazement as the 'catch' fell, arms and legs splayed, spinning and turning like a miniature Sky Diver before the parachute opens.

Seconds later there was a splash and I hurried to the centre of the shallow puddle, and there lay the "Girl who fell from the Sky"...:D

Having seen Seagulls swoop on unsuspecting Tourists and rob them of Ice Creams, Hot Dogs and even bags of Chips, I can easily imagine some poor Toddler sitting in a pushchair on the seafront somewhere, distraught, because a Seagull in search of food had swept down and snatched the Dolly from small hands.

The Girl who fell from the sky, suitably dried out, now lives with me. My Granddaughter is 26 so a new, younger owner/ Guardian of Sky Girl is yet to be found...:D

Reactions: BJJJ and Janne

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
There was a news story last year I think about a kid in North Wales who had a favourite toy nicked by gulls. Someone found it in their garden and returned it eventually. Buggers will steal anything.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
That is a good amusing story and so much better than the maudlin ones you suffer at this time of year.

We suffer from sky pirates in Cornwall too, but they never come near me...I am a Tengu after all.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
There's probably a toddler somewhere longing to have Dolly back, maybe get in touch with your local radio and newspaper with the story and hopefully Dolly can be re-united with her owner / Friend :)

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
I now know why red headed lass's can be a bit odd......what a truly odd ball thing to happen I'm going to pass your story on, its just too good to keep for myself!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE