Skis Against The Atom

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
SKIS AGAINST THE ATOM by Knut Haukelid.
414_1478_1.jpg

Dunno if this has been covered before but this is the REAL "Real heroes of Telemark".
The story is as told by Mr Mears in his book but in this case it's told by one of the Norwegian soldiers that was part of the actual events.

Originally written in 1954 and revised and reprinted in 1973 and then again in 1989 ,it's supposed to be as rare as hen's teeth :?: .
Amazon can get you a second hand copy for around the £45.00 mark :yikes: but a couple have showed up on evilbay recently and are a great read (although my copy still cost nearly £20.00).

Not very bushcrafty but if you enjoyed the RM book then this is more of the same.
Great stuff.

rb

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Cheers mate ,i have been looking for this one for ages but if your still interested in a copy the same seller has another on right now.
He's a good guy to buy from and this copy was unread and mint ,delivered next day !

rb

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I've allso wanted this book for years as well the original Norwegian film,a good Nowegian mate of mine got me a copy of the film only a couple of weeks ago and a vile of real heavy water when visiting the hydro plant,i guess there must be a museum very close by.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
SquirrelBoy said:
Clem, can you tell me the name of that film - cant remember it for the life of me :biggthump
Bit late i know,just got back from the pub.The film as you most likely know by now is called Kampen om tungtvannet,iam not sure if its sub titled or dubbed yet as ive not got to see it myself,mate ain't posted it over to Blighty from Wikingland yet.

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Thanks guys, as fun as the Hollywood one was it would be interesting to see the original version :biggthump

Gary PM sent :eek:):

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
SquirrelBoy said:
Thanks guys, as fun as the Hollywood one was it would be interesting to see the original version :biggthump

Gary PM sent :eek:):

Are you at the meet up mate?

PM NEVER ARRIVED BTW??

Cancel that PM ARRIVED !!! :rolmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE