Skinnarland horsehide an wool coat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
May be tempted to part company wi this horse an let someone else stable it. I'm in need of new boots. Any interested parties feel free to drop me a pm. Cheers

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Reyt folks, I'm going to take some decent pics an measures and list any faults, blemishes (only one fault where corner of sheepskin collar has edged away from leather and previous owner has tried a glue)
It was just an enquiry to tempt me, but I don't want to be unfair
Gill said:
What u after for the coat Chis?
Not sure of its value, other than it will outlive us all, I'm after buying some new altberg boots and a woolpower base layer, so though im happy to keep it, I need some boots, and desire the top. If I do sell, I'd like money for these or a good way towards. As it's a good amount were talking,
I'm proposing to send it on first for approval. If it's not what the prospective buyer thinks is value, they can send it back at their cost, and I'll stand the postage cost for one way.

Cheers

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
It's raining, no pics, but had another look at pics I've put up, an reckon they are fair. It's at least 70 years old of bomb proof construction from natural materials, and has at least another 70 left in it. I'll measure it up best I can when I've finished this pipe ;)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hey Chisller check this out -

http://steampunk-fs.com/vtg-swedish...ehide-leather-furcollar-xl-steampunk-1279-95/

I had one of those coats too, absolute beats of a thing. Unlike you though i did chop mine up into pieces and the leather is still in a bag waiting for a project. It had lived in the back of my wardrobe for a better part of 15 years and I never wore it. Having seen the price of that advert above I think i shot myself in the foot dismantling it.

Ooopsy :eek:

Not sure it your coat's the same as the one I linked to but it looks about the same. I stand to be corrected.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Ahhhh I've seen one at a similar price. Crackers. I did some research, no solid evidence to being an issue coat to either military or police.

Mines gone for approval, and the person in question will certainly put it to use. If it's no good, it's back in the chest or a friend might bay it if nobdy else on here wants it.
For most folk it is alot of brass for a coat to only be worn a couple of times.
The boots ill get will be custom fitted and my feet will thank me in long run :thumbup:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE