Skinnarland horsehide an wool coat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Anyone wear owt like this in winter? I belive its horse hide leather..sheep wool collar, fully wool lined. Led to belive its 1930-40's possibly earlier.. I can't see ANY weather getting through this :D

4e90bcfe-d06e-6837.jpg

Weighs a ton.. I liken it to summat they would wear in Siberia while smoking cigarettes made from hazel leaves!

...... Failed dogger and alleged bigot!

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Lmao didn't realise I'd two pics... Must be the moonshine :D the coat could be slightly cheaper than the years gas bill lol

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Cheers, I'll get some detail pics up tomorrow? It's how to keep swmbo convinced another coat can't harm :banghead:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
More pics..
95feb656-ab6d-dbef.jpg

Button it left or right
95feb656-ab90-0b9a.jpg

Fully wool lined
95feb656-abde-41f6.jpg

Deep pockets, all with heavyweight moleskin...

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
95feb656-acd5-4c42.jpg

Even leather trim inside pockets. To save wear
95feb656-ad4a-189a.jpg

95feb656-ad6e-a5c5.jpg

Stout collar
95feb656-adae-4318.jpg

Well stitched, strong backstage
95feb656-add2-322f.jpg

I think it has been shortened?
95feb656-ae64-21b7.jpg

Only flaw I found is where someone has tried to glue the sheep? Skin down on a loose piece..
95feb656-af16-797d.jpg

Considering the age? I it is remarkable condition and still has original buttons..
Be nice to know if it is Germany or Norwegian construction? Google doesn't offer much help :-(

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Hey up mate, you've got your self a reet beauty there mate! I used to collect old pilot A2 jackets and other horse hide/steer hide ones and let me tell you, the one you have there would fetch a pretty penny on ebay. Theirs some people that pay over the odds for ones in bad condition!!

For a new horse hide jacket now your looking at over 500 smackers!!

I can see it being a very affective winter jacket! ...and looking even better once its all distressed!!! :)

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Cheers Pardner :) I can't see it ever becoming distressed, too rugged.. If I keep it, I might cut it up for a gillet.. I Google skinnarland inreg varum and it has mixed opinion on age and origin :confused:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Lol I reckon abaht 5kilo! I might take it to vets and see if they can get it back on its feet :D:D:D

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Cheers Pardner :) I can't see it ever becoming distressed, too rugged.. If I keep it, I might cut it up for a gillet.. I Google skinnarland inreg varum and it has mixed opinion on age and origin :confused:

WHHOOOA yeh cant cut that un up partner .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE