Size 13 feet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Who else has got size 13 feet and if you have what boot's shoes do you wear outdoors for your adventures?

I've got a pair of Merrell Ventilators at the moment in a UK 14, nice an airy. I've got some orthotics that fit in as well which take up a bit of space, but generally a 13/14 will work fine.

Any other big foot's out there?

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
Who else has got size 13 feet and if you have what boot's shoes do you wear outdoors for your adventures?

You can still buy Finnish Defence Forces welted jackboots and combat boots up to size c. 51 EUR or around 15 UK. I have a few of these in smaller sizes.

zornt

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio, USA
I am a 13 EEE (us size) right now I have a nice pair of camo no name insulated ones that fit like a glove.
Have to be just a bit careful putting them on as they are almost straight lasted. But they are light weight and comfortable as all get out

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I have size13/14 feet. For any prolonged walking (I don't really hike) I wear a pair of Meindl boots for the ankle support. They are heavy-ish, but they are bomb proof, offer fantastic support, are water proof, breathable and most importantly are the best fitting, most comfortable boots I've ever warn - never had a blister (the unkind would probably say because I don't do enough miles).

Day to day I wear Merrell trail shoes. The chameleons are my favourite thus far, very light, breathable and comfortable. I've got another pair but forgotten the name of them.

For pottering in the summer especially whilst camping I have a pair of leather Teva trail sandals, they are obviously very light but surprisingly comfortable to walk in/wear all day.

For years I wore Solomon trail shoes, very comfortable, but I noticed the build quality declined in the last couple of pairs.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I wore Chameleons for years, the last pare i bought though just seemed different so I sent them back. So do the Mendl's come in a wide fitting?

I've been wearing xeroshoe sandals the last couple of years, I wear crocs a lot for just popping out but I know they're not good for my feet.

Zornt - when you say straight last do you mean flat with no heel rise or it's a very straight line from heel to toe?

Martti - They look like good boots, I'll have a look...

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
Hi Tony,
Don't say that about the Chameleons I bought an identical replacement pair in online January sales and they're still in the box!
I bought the Meindl boots over 5 years ago and can't rightly remember. However I usually need wide fitting so either they do/did or the boots are wide enough anyway.
I think mine were Burma but again, I just can't remember.
Best of luck

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
One of my twins has had size 13 feet since he was about 15, thank goodnes they stopped growing then. For army cadets I managed to pick him up a pair of new British Army Altbergs for a good price.

He has done al sorts in them including a 3 day Silver DOE expo without any issue.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE