Six days in Rogen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I went paddling. It was a solo trip, just me, a pack and my canoe. I went to the Rogen area, which is a wild, unspoiled place, with lots of small lakes. I'll write up a trip report, but short ans sweet:

* Small lakes == lots of short portages (10-400 m)
* Close to mountains: it can get windy
* Too pretty for words

20160817084420-aa3ddc0e-me.jpg

20160817082941-1f67284c-me.jpg

20160817082959-77407aa8-me.jpg

More pictures: http://www.leijonhufvud.org/images/index.php?/category/18

Last edited:

forestwalker

That looks fantastic.

I like your Northwoods paddle. You're the only other person on this forum who I've seen with one, I can't understand why they aren't more popular.

They are a bit special, and the Northwoods stroke is different from what most use. I alternate madly, depending on mood and conditions. When used normally I like the way it gives just that tiny bit of flex, that softens the work just a tiny bit.

forestwalker

Short addition to the "insta-report": I spend all my time in the small lake system, avoiding the large lake Rogen (a part of which can be seen in the bottom of the map section shown, and which can be pretty dangerous when high winds come off the mountain). Much more fun to explore all the islands and coves of the smaller lakes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE