Site search problem.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
Quite a few times I've had problems using the site search, in particular because it does not accept three letter words. So if I try to search for, "Ash Bow", "Yew Bow", "Axe", etc., it won't produce any results. Also, question words aren't accepted either, so phrase queries like "which knife" will only produce results for "knife". I was wondering if it's feasable (or even desirable) to change it. Anyone else found this to be a problem?

Pappa

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Another option is to head over to Google, and add "site:bushcraftuk.com" (without the quotes) to your search terms - this will restrict the results to only those from BCUK.

Reactions: Ahjno

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
Perhaps this thread could be made sticky (and re-titled 'search tips').

Just been reading the thread suggesting a junior member search a bit more thoroughly before posting questions. I'm sure I've posted a few stupid questions that have been asked before and have got frustrated by the 3 letter word restriction thwarting my search (didn't occur to me just to add an *).

I also hadn't come across the google hack before reading it here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE