Single AAA torch options?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GuestD

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 10, 2019
One thing I've learned about modern torches. Buy one with a simple on/off switch. Multi function switches, low, medium, high, multiple flashing options, etc, are doomed to fail.

z_bumbi

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2016
Linköping, Sweden
I've got one of these.
Led lenser. I really like it. Single AAA, as is my head torch so I only need to carry one size of spare.
It comes with key chain, lanyard, belt pouch (with massive rubber branding label that I cut off) and pocket clip so you have a variety of carries.
For my needs I tied some bright paracord on the split ring and kept the pocket clip and pouch. I've got enough junk on my keyring, and the paracord helps me find a small black thing, when I drop it somewhere that is really good at hiding small black things. Which usually most places for me :rolleyes2:
You can focus the beam with the slidey head and it's surprisingly bright. I think the newer version is even brighter than mine.
It's got a tail clicky button which seems sturdy enough, although I think this might fail in time. That said it's got a 7 year guarantee, so it should work for a bit, mine's well over a year old and going well. Also I didn't want it switching on accidentally as some twisty torches can.

My top tip: If you wrap a 3mm slice of bicycle inner tube around the end of the torch, it's kinder to your teeth so you can hold it in your mouth. But it does make you dribble after a bit, lol :D

I got the advice to use self adhesive silicontape insteed of the bicycle tube and as these can be bought in yellow and orange it sounds like something you would like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE