Singer Sewing machine free to good home

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Guys i have a singer sewing machine, the old skool hand cranked one. well actually i have two but im having a clear out so one has to go.

This is a 1897 vibrating shuttle sewing machine. It comes with instruction booklet, screwdriver, shuttle and 3 bobbins and the base it sits in but has no case or spare feet or anything. It is however in good working order, in fact it sews really nice for a 113 year old machine. Nice straight stitches and good positive action.

Easy to use, feet for doing different stitches are readily available cheaply on ebay etc as are needles for stitching anything from silk to leather.

This is the one, it has some marks a scratches on it but they are all cosmetic.i have given it a clean and oil and its stitching fine.
DSC00289.jpg

It stitching nicely, tensions are all good top and bottom, i quickly wizzed this up to show you
DSC00290.jpg

Would be great for making your homemade underblankets or shirts or modding jackets etc. those that have used them know these are bombproof machines! Will stitch just about anything you can jam under the foot lol

I dont want anything for it, but it will need collecting as its heavy and large i just cant be arsed with ebaying it.

Collection only (sorry)from Esher in Surrey
More pics can be posted if required.

Cheers
Ed

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
Could I express my interest if the above deal does not go through. I do live far away but am regularly in your area visiting relatives! Thanks for your consideration if the first member is not able to collect! Thanks!

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
This goes a bit off topic sorry,but is there any possiblities to take few close ups from the right end,hand wheels system.....i have one cb-l model and id like to modify it so that it could be used by hand instead of that lower foot operated pulley system.Thanks anyway.

Its abeautiful but useful vintage machine,i drool.:lmao:

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
This goes a bit off topic sorry,but is there any possiblities to take few close ups from the right end,hand wheels system.....i have one cb-l model and id like to modify it so that it could be used by hand instead of that lower foot operated pulley system.Thanks anyway.

Its abeautiful but useful vintage machine,i drool.:lmao:

yeah course, PM me your email address and i will sort it out.

i also have a 66 model i can photograph for you to if you want? both hand cranked

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've not had much in the way of time to play with it yet, but what an excellent tool :cool: .

My thanks to two most splendid gentlemen, MrEd for the most generous offer and to Mesquite who picked it up and delivered it to the outdoors show Meet.

MrEd - I hope that you're on the way to better health :You_Rock_ .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE