Simple waxed canvas case for DD adjustable 2.2m Bivy Poles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
x9in2MJ.jpg

The simplest thing in the world, a case to hold a set of 4 DD hammocks 2.2m Bivy poles to keep them together, keep them dryer and generally protect them when externally stored on a pack. just a oblong of canvas hand sewn with thick linen thread, back stitched with lots of double stitched points across the hem and down the long side with the end circle saddle stitched on. It was a complete pig to turn inside out, took a hour at least and I took the precaution to cut my nails all the way down so none ripped. I tried to strt at the bottom at first but after 6 inches it jammed up so I eventually turned that back and started at the open end folding it back like a foreskin until the whole thing was right side out. Closure is a simple length of para cord well sewn on.

ATB

Tom

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
x9in2MJ.jpg

The simplest thing in the world, a case to hold a set of 4 DD hammocks 2.2m Bivy poles to keep them together, keep them dryer and generally protect them when externally stored on a pack. just a oblong of canvas hand sewn with thick linen thread, back stitched with lots of double stitched points across the hem and down the long side with the end circle saddle stitched on. It was a complete pig to turn inside out, took a hour at least and I took the precaution to cut my nails all the way down so none ripped. I tried to strt at the bottom at first but after 6 inches it jammed up so I eventually turned that back and started at the open end folding it back like a foreskin until the whole thing was right side out. Closure is a simple length of para cord well sewn on.

ATB

Tom

Good to know the technical term for the inside-out process, cheers. :lmao:

I found my DD poles today, just loose in the garage, I’d forgotten I had them. I started stuffing them in the bell tent bag before remembering they’re awning poles. My outdoor camping time has been seriously stunted for me to forget buying another 3x3 and a set of poles…

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE