Silver Birch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fraz79

Sep 14, 2006
Sheffield, UK
I LOVE Silver Birch!

Just won £200 backing it on the Grand National! :D

(Thought it my duty to put a few quid on it as I'd tapped the tree for sap a few days ago!)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
fraz79 said:
I LOVE Silver Birch!

(Thought it my duty to put a few quid on it as I'd tapped the tree for sap a few days ago!)
Congratulations. Just watch that your sap doesn't rise too quickly!!! :lmao:

elrond

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2006
Alba
fraz79 said:
I LOVE Silver Birch!

I've just lifted £100 on silver birch as well ...... don't you just luv taking money from the bookies :lmao: :lmao:

fraz79

Sep 14, 2006
Sheffield, UK
I've just lifted £100 on silver birch as well ...... don't you just luv taking money from the bookies

Glad to see others of you out there were thinking along the same lines as me...well Silver Birch was the obvious Bushcrafter's choice!

And indeed it is VERY sweet to take money from the bookies!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
fraz79 said:
I LOVE Silver Birch!

Thats great, well done.....I totally forgot to go a bet, but I am glad I did forget, cos my horse was Mac something or other and I would of lost again.......Good name for a horse btw....

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Damn it, usually I will have a flutter on the National and if I'd have seen 'Silver Birch' then I know where my fiver would have gone.

Ah well, congrats to all who who are up.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I looked through the list, saw 'Silver Birch' was running and thought "I must put a few quid on that".

And promptly forgot. Bugger.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I am really pee'd off about this. I picked 4 horses which were Joes Edge, Homer Wells, Celtic Son and of course Silver Birch. Joes edge because my youngest son is called Joe, Homer Wells, I love the Simpsons :D Celtic son, my eldest son has a very Irish name and Silver Birch is the Bushcrafters choice of course.

Got to the bookies, filled in my slip, wanted £2.50 for each horse, each to win so ticked the £10 box. Apparently that meant that I wanted to put £10 on each horse, I didn't so the very kind lady behind the counter filled in a new slip for me, took my money and gave me a receipt back. After leaving the bookies I noticed that she had chosen one horse wrong when completing my new slip. She had picked Simon rather than Silver Birch for me, I toyed with the idea of going back and telling her, then thought, hang on, what if Simon came in? So after a brief chat with my friend decided to leave it as Simon rather than Silver Birch.

How annoyed am I now? VERY !! :(

It's the old 50/50 rule, if I had gone back in then maybe Simon would have come up trumps, if I left it as Simon maybe he would have done well. No way of knowing.

moral of the story, I must learn how to complete betting slips in properly :rolleyes:

Anyway rant over, money lost, I'm going to enjoy the good weather and SULK! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE