Silky saws and chainsaws seized by police as they are 'offensive weapons'.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What's S139, google's turning up income tax evation and other nonsense

EDIT:

It seems to apply to carrying knives on your person though, seems common sense should prevail and the copper needs to get a life

EDIT EDIT:

Maybe not just on the person, cars do count too

Last edited:

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
certainly seems a violation of common sense.
the thread doesn't state whether the lad was being lippy when stopped but assuming he wasn't, then the officer involved was;
A- bored
B- very bored
C- an inadequate and retarded individual in need of a carer whilst on duty.

in my experiance most peelers (the rugby club i play for is infested with them) are indeed ''human'' but seem, from my observation to be prone to acts of malice and an unneccessary need to assert authority.

jamie

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
I've read the linked first post and note 1.)the car had the items in which were not the driver's; 2.) and could I suggest, be considered contraband under the knife/weapon rules and therefore: 1+2 = confiscation. I'm not surprised nor do I blame the police officer.
See also post 25 in that thread. (I haven't read further so don't know the outcome). Hope he got his tools back.
Just my 2p worth.
Alan

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
i have been told that police officers need to make a certain amount of arrests per month, to stay in the quota so to say, maybe he was just topping up...my friend just sits at the lights and nicks people on the phone instead...:)

mind you that was a few years ago...still seems a bit silly to take tools away from people, what next a leci has his screw driver taken of him????

im off for me coat...:)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
i have been told that police officers need to make a certain amount of arrests per month, to stay in the quota so to say, maybe he was just topping up...my friend just sits at the lights and nicks people on the phone instead...:)

But in this case the kid driving the car wasn't arrested, he just had the silky and chainsaws confiscated

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE